JOB TITLE: Business Analyst (2 positions)
ORGANIZATION: DFCU Bank jobs
REPORTING TO: Business Change Manager
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the respective vacant positions of Business Analyst in the Change and Innovation Domain (CCIO).
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Business Change Manager, the Business Analyst will scope the business needs, define, and confirm delivery of the solutions that will meet those needs.
- Anticipate and understand the needs of respective departments within context of the departmental workplans and align them with business objectives.
- Translate the business needs of stakeholders into detailed functional requirements to effectively document and communicate business requirements to the development team and other key stakeholders.
- Elicit business (functional and non-functional requirements) and technical requirements from respective stakeholders to thoroughly determine risks and premises linked to a given project.
- Research and interact extensively with both current and future end users to consider future technological changes and how they might impact the project when defining requirements to be delivered.
- Conduct detailed analysis to discover, define, document, and analyze requirements that are associated with specific business objectives to arrive at a precise and clear definition of the scope of a project.
- Create and utilize documents throughout the project’s life cycle that include requirements management plan, use cases, user stories, and project vision document.
- Coordinate problem-solving engagements to deliberate on and determine how certain needs can be satisfied alongside newly acknowledged constraints which may include policy or procedural changes during implementation stage because of technological, functionality, or compatibility issues.
- Engage with the concerned stakeholders and the development team to devise new ways of achieving projected results while saving on available resources.
- On delivery of solution, confirm that Business Requirements have been delivered according to Business needs before communicating the same to affected stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, Information Technology, Business Computing, Commerce, Accounting or Business Statistics or another related field.
- Adept at Financial Technology, Change, Process Management & Innovation.
- A professional qualification such as Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA) or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) or any Project Management Qualification is an added advantage.
- Six Sigma Lean Green Belt would be an advantage.
- At least 3 years’ work experience, 1 of which should be in a technology, business analysis, change management or operations position in a financial services institution or Fintech.
- Creative, critical thinking skills and detail oriented.
- Knowledge of business and industry.
- Command of Project Management Methodologies.
- Adequate technical acumen to understand current state, identify needs and define solutions.
- Understanding of how technical systems work and how the work of changing them is done.
- Able to process a wide variety of information, evaluate the costs and benefits of solutions, and solve complex business problems.
- Leadership, negotiations, and decision-making abilities.
- Elicitation, facilitation, and communication skills.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Thursday 10th June 2021 to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.