Organization: Child Fund International
The purpose of the the Finance Assistant will be to support field operations by providing technical assistance and guidance on financial management.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Remain alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquire relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
• Ensure expenditures are coded correctly and supporting documents comply with donor’s regulation/audit requirements.
• Pro-actively rise issues and concerns with the Finance Manager to ensure ChildFund remains in compliance with donor contract and regulations.
• Prepare financial reports in donor format which are timely and accurate.
• Making the necessary field visits to project sites.
• Payment processing, matching requisition to LPO and invoices, ensuring they are duly approved subject to approval limits and ensuring all appropriate documentation for any payments are adequately filed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, commerce, finance, or related discipline.
• Minimum of 4 years’ experience in accounting, Proficiency in Microsoft office & accounting packages Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English.
• Good oral/written communication and organizational skills.
• Must be able to travel to program locations.
• Ability to work under pressure. Experience working with a nonprofit agency, preferably community organization or an international organization.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please submit your Applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
THE COUNTRY DIRECTOR
CHILD FUND INTERNATIONAL
PO BOX 3342
KAMPALA Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hand delivers to ChildFund Country Office located on
Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road
NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted and all employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks including criminal background check.
ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer. Application Deadline: 20th October, 2021