Full Job Description
- Longevity Pay
- Regular Service Retirement
- Telephonic Interviews Will Not Be Accepted
- Work Site Visits Will Be Conducted
- No Study Material
1. Graduation from an accredited senior high school or equivalent or GED.
2. Three years full-time, wage-earning clerical, secretarial, administrative support, technical program support, or criminal justice experience. Thirty semester hours from a college or university accredited by an organization recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or by the United States Department
of Education (USDE) may be substituted for each year of experience on a year-for-year basis for a maximum substitution of two years.
3. Correctional unit operations experience preferred.
4. Computer operations experience preferred.
5. Offender classification experience preferred.
**The salary for an ERS Retiree (or non-contributing member) will be $2,434.37.**
The following Military Occupational Specialty codes are generally applicable to this position. Applicants must fully complete the summary of experience to determine if minimum qualifications are met.
15, 36, 42, 56, 68, 88, 89, 92, AZ, CS, LS, PS, RP, SH, SN, YN, 360,
420, SK, 01, 30, 60, 66, 3A, SDI, 8A200
*Applicants who want to schedule an appointment for a work site visit must call the contact person listed below.*
*Outside applicants will be required to submit to pre-employment drug testing as a condition of employment.*
Applicants must submit the State of Texas Application For Employment and the applicable supplement for outside applicants (PERS 282) or current TDCJ employees (PERS 598) to the contact person listed on the job posting. Applications may also be submitted through the TDCJ website or the Work In Texas website. If submitted through Work in Texas, the applicable supplement must also be submitted to the contact person. Questions regarding the position or application process can be directed to the contact person’s email address; however, applications will not be accepted by email.
Classification and Records
861 IH 45 North
Huntsville, TX 77320
*Applicants who fax an application are requested to fax both their State of Texas Application for Employment and the applicable supplement. Applicants who wish to submit their application with attachments should either hand deliver it to the contact person or send it via U.S.Mail or overnight delivery.*
**Faxed applications must be complete and legible in order to be considered and must not have been sent from a fax machine located at a TDCJ unit or department.**
Applications must be received by the contact person by 5:00PM on 04-08-2021. A complete job description and all application forms may be obtained at the above address or by viewing the Job Description. Job Descriptions are available in PDF format which maybe read with the free Adobe Reader.
*Equal Opportunity Employer*
*Authority is granted on or after: 04-15-2021*
How To Apply