- Company: Marie Stopes Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Location: MSUG Hospital
Reporting to: Hospital Manager
Probationary Period: 3 months
Reporting to the Hospital Manager, the purpose of this role is to provide general supportive services to ensure the smooth running of the Hospital.
As part of the team, the post-holder demonstrates our core values of.
• Being Mission driven: With unwavering commitment, we exist to empower women and men to have children by choice not chance
• Client centered: We are dedicated to our clients and work tirelessly to deliver high quality, high impact services that meet their individual needs.
• Accountable: We are accountable for our actions and focus on results, ensuring long term sustainability and increasing the impact of the partnership
• Courageous: We recruit and nurture talented, passionate, and brave people who have the courage to push boundaries, make tough decisions and challenge others in line with our mission
• Act with integrity: integrity is indispensable to our mission. We act with honesty and adhere to the highest standards of moral and ethical values and principles through our personal and professional behavior.
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver safe abortion, quality sexual and reproductive health care, and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
The primary responsibility of this role is to further MSI’s Global Goal: THE PREVENTION OF UNWANTED BIRTHS and its mission of ensuring every individual’s right to: CHILDREN BY CHOICE NOT CHANCE. .
• General Office Management
• Assets Management
• Supervisory Role
• Petty cash management
General Office Management and Running
• Support courier arrangements, conferences, workshops/trainings, meetings, and entertainment and ensure that minutes are taken, signed off and filed.
• Avail staff with the necessary stationary and any other required office supplies to enable smooth operations whilst maintaining a close working relationship with procurement on purchasing supplies.
• Expected to enable proper management of office supplies stocks and inventories.
• Support management of MSU’s telephone and data incentives including landlines and cell phones.
• Examine grievances raised by staff in respect to welfare facilities i.e., rest rooms, washing and toilet facilities, drinking water, kitchen…. Etc. and refer complicated issues accordingly
• Ensuring a clean and secure office environment.
• Oversee all administrative filing, records, and archiving. Establish clear filing system to hold all information related to hospital activities and meetings, as requested
• Carrying out secretarial duties as assigned i.e., drafting, typing, editing, and formatting documents and letters that go out to stakeholders
• Maintain both staff and stakeholder contacts list in liaison with the HR office and respective departments.
• Handle daily incoming calls, inquiries relating to hospital Visitors and process accordingly
• Routine management of office assistant with clear allocation of duties
• Assess performance regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
• Planning and overseeing maintenance services and scheduling
• Manage the office assistant in terms of ensuring timely office supplies distribution & replenishment
• Assess performance of office assistant and/or suppliers regularly, adjusting tasks as necessary
• Verify all invoice amounts including utility bills for the hospital and arranges for prompt payment thereof.
• Support the acquisition of MSU Assets based on the organisational needs.
• Update and maintain an accurate hospital asset register.
• Ensure all asset transfers are documented and assets are physically verified
• Ensure all assets in the hospital are tagged and labelled
Petty cash Management
• Ensure the proper management of the organization’s petty ensuring that there is adequate cash flow management for smooth running of the organization, the float is maintained, and cash is securely stored
• Ensure that adequate supporting documents are attached for accountability purposes and that all reported expenditure is valid and appropriately coded.
• Timely preparation of petty cash reports and submission to the finance department.
• Coordinate petty cash counts i.e., before replenishment and at the end of every period
Knowledge Skills and Attitudes
• Strong service orientation
• Flexibility with great ability to multitask
• Proven ability to follow tasks carefully and use initiative
• Excellent coordination and organizational skills
• Ability to communicate effectively and maintain favorable public relations
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and good ethical conduct
• Diploma or degree in office management or administration and or Humanity Studies.2 years experience in office administration in a busy environment
Attitude / Motivation:
Successful performance at MSU is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. There are key behaviours that MSU encourages in all employees and they are defined below:
• Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
In this role, you must be alert to strategic programme opportunities and threats and take action to use them
You will take initiative with your team and across the ET to realise efficiencies and impact
• Innovative: Thinking creatively so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
In this role creativity will be needed to realise new sources of funds and new ways of creating CYPs
• Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
• Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible, and showing respect for each other
• Responsive Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
Your plan will be clearly made out and changes will be agreed and reported regularly and on time
• Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
Timely action will be taken on information regarding your areas of responsibility
• Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
This post-holder must actively seek knowledge that can be shared and keep the teams up to date on latest views
• Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision, and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
• Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
Regular reporting will indicate ability to conceive, design and deliver on results
• Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
• Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
• Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
How To Apply
To apply for the positions, Please submit your application and CV to email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is, 15th April 2021.