- Company: Uganda National Bureau of Standards
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
The Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Co-operatives established by the UNBS Act Cap 327. It is governed by the National Standards Council and headed by the Executive Director who is responsible for the day-to-day operation of UNBS. The mandate of UNBS is to develop, promote and enforce national standards in order to enhance competitiveness of Ugandan products, promote fair trade and protect consumers and the environment.
The Bureau is now seeking to recruit a dynamic qualified Ugandan professional with a high level of integrity to fill the position below.
Analyst (Electrical) .
Reporting to the Head of the Laboratory, the successful candidate shall be required to perform the following duties;
• Analyse samples accurately, quickly, and at a reasonable cost.
• Promote good laboratory practices;
• Evaluate analytical information and submit it to higher authorities for appropriate action
• Initiate or recommend corrective actions for improvement, as may be necessary;
• Undertake quality control activities/system of the laboratories to conform to the authorized policies, procedures, and sound laboratory practice.
• Perform any other relevant duties that may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor or management.
Qualifications and other requirements
• Honours Degree in Electrical Engineering, or any other related qualification from a recognized University/Institution
• Must be computer literate with emphasis on MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the use of Internet.
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a laboratory setting
• Being conversant with ISO/IEC 17025 Standard and having worked in an accredited laboratory will be an added advantage,
• Age: Not more than 30 years
• The successful candidate needs to be a team player, an excellent communicator with good oral communication and presentation skills.
How To Apply
Closing Date : 25 April. 2021