- Company: GlaxoSmithKline
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. As one of the few healthcare companies researching both medicines and vaccines for the World Health Organization’s three priority diseases – HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, we are very proud to have developed some of the leading global medicines in these fields. Our product portfolio also includes a range of consumer brands, many of which are household names around the world, including Sensodyne, Aquafresh, Horlicks, Panadol and Tums. Specialties Pharmaceutical products, Vaccines, Consumer healthcare products
- To create and execute sales strategy for the region.
- Executing the sales and marketing plans which meets brand, volume and profits objectives as well as directing and controlling assigned distribution and trade activities through partner
- Sales force management ( 3rd party )
- Developing strategy, tactics and sales plans budgets in liaison with the Channel head .
- Monitor, analyze sales and market trends in order to manage performance levels of sales against market developments and corporate objectives.
Become First Choice for shoppers and customers
- Coordinates sales operations with all other relevant stake holders.
- Establishes performance goals for the partner sales team, distributors and monitor performance on a continual basis.
- Lead and influence a successful and experienced team of third party sales team, through performance coaching and training and development programs.
- Delivering sales by developing relationships with trade partners and Key Opinion leaders in the trade and all relevant stakeholders in the supply chain.
- Manage retailer expectations by executing trade marketing activities. Ensure placement of P.O.S materials in assigned territory.
- Developing and implementing distributor agreements, distribution channel strategies, and monitoring distributor performance against working capital targets
- Credit and stock management of distributors as per agreed guidelines.
Category & Brands
- Prioritize resources on power brands
- Collaborate closely with the Marketing teams on increasing market share in existing markets and ensuring that brand visibility and promotion strategies are executed flawlessly
- Support development of winning Market Activation Plans (MAPs) in the context of the consumer, trade and competitor with specific accountability for developing 12-month activation grids working with Country Manager.
Deliver high quality products and service at the right time and cost
- Forecasting of primary and secondary sales to reflect market and trade dynamics.
- Work with the demand planning team to drive forecast accuracy and achieve stock level targets in the trade.
- Assist the partner in planning, implementation of the sales strategies and ensure on time delivery of our brands to customers
Improve lives through scientific innovation
- Identifying opportunities and developing strategies to harness growth in the target markets.
- Collaborate closely with the Distributor teams on new products launches.
Shape talent and culture by living our values and developing our people in a high performance culture
- Role model individual expectations in Country by driving the Winning Formula,
- Build relationships with external stakeholders (key customers, regulatory agencies, KOLs, industry bodies) to support performance goals and GSK brand reputation.
- Champion full compliance, ABAC, Code of Conduct adherence and a speak up culture.
- Drive external focus including regular field visits across customer, consumer, shopper and expert
- Model GSK values & behaviors and compliance with all GSK codes of practice.
Breadth/ Scope of Accountability
Number of Direct Reports
Distributor teams, Merchandisers and Urban representatives (third party )
Knowledge/ Education / Previous Experience Required
Minimum Level of Education*
- University Degree or a Diploma with 5+ years of relevant experience
Area of Specialisation*
- Experience of Commercial sales
Minimum Level of Job-Related Experience required
- 3+ years’ experience in commercial management including major customer facing roles (selling and marketing)
- Experience of operating in an FMCG
- OTC/Healthcare/Personal Care category experience beneficial but not essential
Other Job-Related Skills/Background
- Should have good analytical skills and well versed with basic computing skills like Microsoft office.
- Valid driving license
Method of Application
Closing Date : 23rd April, 2021