Opportunity Bank is a Commercial Bank licensed and supervised by Bank of Uganda. We are the Bank of choice for all who aspire to a life of dignity and purpose. We offer innovative technology-led financial solutions and training to transform lives and Communities. We do this with care, respect and in a sustainable way.
Job Summary: The Assistant Branch Manager- Relationship will actively contribute to the overall performance of the branch by ensuring that the branch delivers appropriate products and services to clients’ needs, reliable, quality and timely services to clients, while promoting holistic transformation for both staff and clients, their families and their communities
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Branch Management supervisory roles:
- Ensure that both operational and relationship branch functions and activities are in compliance with local banking legislation, client protection guidelines and internal control policies and procedures
- Ensure staff are well trained in loan assessment and evaluation to prevent client over-indebtedness
Operational and credit risk management, internal control and regulatory policies, procedures and systems compliance
- Evaluates, monitors, and controls Relationship Officers’ performance against agreed performance standards and targets and takes corrective action. (Daily early morning meetings with each individual officer to assess performance of PAR. Arrears before they go to the field.)
- Reviews collection report per Relationship Officer taking note of delinquent payments and ensuring that corrective action is taken.
- Ensures that all borrowers are timely monitored to maintain customer relationship
Group Formation and Development Monitoring
- Facilitates Information Meeting with potential clients and effectively communicates company products and services and credit policies and procedures.
- Drive group creation to achieve branch targets of growth
- Conducts surprise visits to group meetings to ensure that requirements such as physical set-up and attendance are followed.
Loan Approval, Disbursement and Collection Monitoring
- Recommends approval of loans and ensures that appropriate amount is recommended for re-loans.
- Reviews and approves summary of loan releases.
- Interviews clients prior to loan release to ensure that the clients are fully aware of their responsibilities.
- Member of the Branch credit committee (BCC).
Branch-based marketing, sales and client service strategy and approach
- Ensure profitability of the branch through cost controls and mobilizing deposits
- Actively educates and promotes company products and services to clients, local government leaders, and community leaders.
- Maintains and builds client relationships through regular client interface.
- Conducts area survey together with the Branch Manager to identify expansion areas.
- Develops knowledge of market condition and competition.
- Attend to client inquires and resolve basic client complaints daily.
- Train staff on best customer service and award good customer service
Branch human resource management
- Reinforces the application of superior customer service through his or own example with appropriate follow through with involved client and employees.
- Reinforces sales-oriented culture that satisfies the needs of clients and recognizes the importance of long-term customer relationships.
- Trains Relationship Officers on the credit policies and procedures, group formation and development, credit and arrears management, conflict resolution and values formation.
- Carries out annual performance review of direct reports ensuring that they are appraised based on SMART objectives.
- Ensures effective management of poor performance and disciplinary actions, when necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least three years of Credit lending experience in Opportunity Bank Uganda Ltd.
- Ability to consolidate, prepare and submit reports and correspondences.
- Ability to deliver business goals and own performance targets.
- Ability to manage a team to achieve targets/results.
NB: Opportunity Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, regardless of disability, gender, marital status, religion and ethnicity.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their signed application letters together with their curriculum vitae to email@example.com
Deadline: Thursday 11th March 2021