What will it be like to work for this Hilton Worldwide Brand?
In exceptional destinations around the globe, Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts reflect the culture and history of their extraordinary locations, as well as fresh, modern expressions of Waldorf Astoria’s rich legacy. Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalized attention of true Waldorf service that creates a singular experience.
If you understand the value personalized attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts. Because it’s with Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts where we promise our Guests a single rich, experience at every extraordinary place they visit.
What will I be doing?
As Assistant Front Office Manager, you will assist in supervising the Front Office Team to ensure that Team Members are prepared and well-informed to deliver Guests an exceptional experience from check-in through check-out. An Assistant Front Office Manager is responsible for managing the first impressions of our Guests and, therefore, must perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assist the Front Office Manager to oversee the entire Front Office operation to maintain high standards
- Assist the Front Office Manager to evaluate levels of Guest satisfaction and monitor trends, with a focus on continuous improvement
- Ensure regular and VIP Guests are recognised and that the Front Office department operates with a sales attitude and promotes the hotel brand’s loyalty scheme
- Maximise room occupancy at best rates and use up-selling techniques to promote hotel services and facilities
- Assist the Front Office Manager with setting departmental objectives, work schedules, budgets, policies, and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards, and performance of the Front Office Team Members with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure Team Members have current knowledge of hotel products, services, pricing and policies, as well as knowledge of the local area, and are continuously trained to learn and understand polices and practices
- Maintain good communication and working relationships with all hotel departments
- Monitor staffing levels to meet cover business demands
- Conduct monthly communication meetings, in the absence of the Front Office Manager, and produce minutes
- Assist the Front Office Manager with staff performance issues in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Assist the Front Office Manager with recruiting, managing, training and developing the Front Office team
- Act in accordance with policies and procedures when working with front of house equipment and property management systems
What are we looking for?
Assistant Front Office Managers serving Hilton Worldwide Brand hotels and vacations are always working on behalf of our Guests and working with other Team Members. To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviors, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous supervisory experience in Front Office within the hotel/leisure/retail
- High level of IT proficiency
- High level of commercial awareness and sales capabilities
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
- Accountable and resilient
- Commitment to delivering a high level of customer service
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent grooming standards
- Flexibility to respond to a variety of work situations
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a team
What will it be like to work for Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts?
Waldorf Astoria provides guests the exceptional environment and the personalised attention of True Waldorf Service that creates a singular experience. If you understand the value of personalised attention and know how to treat even the most extraordinarily different experiences with the same rich level of customer service, you may just be the person we are looking for!