Organisation: Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) is the leading Microfinance Deposit Taking Institution in Uganda with 34 networked branches and 10 contact offices countrywide, an equal opportunity employer and regulated by Bank of Uganda under the MDI Act, 2003.
Job Summary: The Cashier is responsible for handling and posting all across-the-counter cash transactions on behalf of Pride in accordance to set policies and procedures. Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take deposits and pay customers across the counter and ensure that all deposit and withdrawal transactions are handled with accuracy and according to laid down policies and procedures.
- Buy and sell foreign currency to the customers at the approved rates
- Scrutinize the details of each transaction to ensure that the Company is protected against fraudsters and money laundering.
- Exercise prudence and safeguard cash and other valuable items/instruments such as cheques, controlled stationery, stamps etc, in his/her custody during the course of duty.
- Promptly post all transactions made in a day.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Pride Microfinance Limited (MDI) (Pride) Cashier job placement must hold a Diploma or Bachelor’s of Commerce, Economics, Microfinance, Development Economics, Development studies, Business studies, International Business, Accounting and Finance, Marketing, Financial Services, Business Computing, Business Statistics, Entrepreneurship & Small Business Management, Social Sciences, SWASA, Education, Procurement & Chain Supply Management, Procurement & Logistics Management, Human Resource Management Industrial & Organization Psychology, Project Planning and Management, Entrepreneurship and Project Planning, Public Administration and Management, Sales and Marketing Management, Guidance and counseling, B. Agriculture & Rural Innovations, Agricultural Engineering, Agricultural Extension, Engineering or any other relevant/related field.
- Candidates should also possess 2 principle passes at A’ Level and credit passes in English and Mathematics at O’ Level.
- Should not be more than 40 years of age.
- Should be willing to work in any part of the country.
- Should be fluent in commonly used local languages.
- Should have customer awareness and emotional intelligence skills, excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Confidentiality, Self-drive,
- Self-confidence, Integrity, proactiveness
- Compliance to policies, Discipline,
- Diligence and Efficiency.
How to Apply: If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience, apply immediately using the online link below. Click Here Deadline: 7th May 2021 For more of the latest jobs, please visit https://www.thejobsdiary.com or Join our facebook group https://facebook.com/groups/1614721975377808/