Job Title: Cashier
Organisation: African Community Center for Social Sustainability (ACCESS)
Duty Station: Nakaseke, Uganda
Reports to: Accountant
Job Reference: ACCESS/CHR/2021
ACCESS is a community-based organization in Nakaseke district, Uganda founded on the belief that everyone has a right to a healthy life. We also believe that empowering community members through health and education creates lasting change that is owned by the entire community. We are engaging local leaders and cultivating new leaders through our programs focused on: Support for vulnerable 0primary school children and their families through income-generating projects, and subsidized school fees, Educational opportunities in healthcare for young adults at ACCESS School of Nursing and Midwifery, Agricultural training in our demonstration garden, Access to clinical and community-based healthcare through our clinic and outreach programs using community health workers, Community based research to generate new scientific approaches to health-related challenges.
We pride ourselves on our culture of passion and dedication to our work. We accomplish our mission and vision through dedicated involvement from community volunteers and community health workers, the hard work of our staff, local and international partnerships.
Job Summary: The Cashier will efficiently provide comprehensive information, clerical, and accounting services to assist the organization finance unit in executing processes and delivering service needs that support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of finance team, you will deliver quality support in your role, applying clearly defined accounting and financial reporting processes, procedures and service standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure timely, proper and correct financial records,
- Prepare and ensure timely payments through both cash and bank,
- The Cashier will be posting all finance transactions into financial system,
- Support the procurement process in payment and digital filing,
- Assist stores staff in managing inventory controls,
- Assist the storekeeper to consistently keep an accurate physical and system-based stock balances at all times
- Carry out the physically checking of stock levels and maintaining up to date records (Bin cards) in order to facilitate/ease stock taking exercise
- Facilitate regular stock audits as may be requested by the line supervisor,
- Responsible for management of the reception area, receiving visitors, managing the central office phone, directing visitors and proving any administrative related support to the operations team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Cashier job opportunity should hold a Diploma Business Administration in Accounting or any other related field.
- At least one year of experience in accounting or financial management,
- Computer literacy skills i.e., proficiency in Word and Excel; knowledge of accounting software is an added advantage,
- Self-motivator, having the ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to give transparent accountability,
- Able to meet deadlines
- Strong customer service ethic and abilities,
- Ability to work collaboratively.
- Good oral and written skills in English,
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail,
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should email their applications, CV, academic papers, and two recommendation letters, to ACCESS Managing Director on email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org or hand deliver to our offices in Nakaseke. For any inquiries please contact us by calling, Tel: +256-041-4667596, +256-782-348560
Deadline: 2nd April 2021