Full Time, Fixed Term
Start date August 2021
Not suitable for newly qualified teachers (NQT)
Apply by11 Apr 2021
Rainbow International School is a coeducational 2 – 18 years day and boarding school in Kampala, Uganda. As the most established, reputable and largest International school in the country, we deliver the EYFS and IPC curricula in the Primary section, English National curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Cambridge IGCSE and Advanced Level in Key Stages 4 and 5. We also offer BTEC Level 3 courses as an alternative pathway to University.
We are an inclusive school, and are passionate about educating the ‘whole child’, and nurturing talents in a variety of subject areas. Currently there are 550 students on roll. Rainbow students are highly academic and our examination results are outstanding. We place an important emphasis not only on academics, but also in sports, performing arts and extracurricular. Our sixth form leavers gain entry into the top Universities around the world, the Russel Group and Ivy League among them. Rainbow is a first class learning institution and a busy and vibrant community.
We are seeking a dynamic, motivated, outstanding classroom practitioner to join our primary section.
• Be passionate and committed
• Ability and experience of teaching the I.P.C is an advantage
• Experience of working within effective teams and being an effective team player
• Willingness to play an active role in the wider school life and after school enrichment programme
• Have a proven track record of outstanding practice
• Be able to engage, motivate and support children of different abilities
• Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
• A working knowledge of Google Apps and the confidence to work with IT in the classroom
• Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
• B.Ed. / PGCE / QTS / PGDE
• Happy and motivated students in a welcoming and friendly environment
• Competitive salary
• Medical insurance
• Free furnished accommodation
• Flights and baggage allowance at the beginning and end of contract (flights annually from the second contract)
*Accommodation, flights and baggage allowance will only be provided for overseas hire.
Complete the online application form and attach a detailed CV and application letter of no more than two sides typed (with a passport photo attached at the top). Please include the names and contact details of three professional referees, one of whom must be your current/most recent Head of School/Principal All applications should be addressed to the Principal (Mr. Derek Jones).
For more information about the school please visit our website – www.risu.sc.ug and our Facebook page.
Closing date: 11th April 2021.
*We reserve the right to appoint prior to closing date .
Interviews will be held before the end of April. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Rainbow International School Uganda is a safer recruitment school and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate child protection screening and rigorous background checks (including contacting previous employers). Successful candidates will be asked for a valid ICPC/Interpol check or the equivalent police certificate of good conduct from the country of current residence and/or employment, notarised copies of relevant academic documents and a pre-employment fit for work certificate.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer (EOE)