Job Title: Communications Officer
Reports to: Executive Director
The Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) is a nationwide membership organization promoting the rights of women defenders to a safe and secure work environment with a vision of having a society where fundamental human rights are upheld and respected. We exist to promote a feminist holistic approach integrating a gender perspective as a frame work for protection of WHRDs. WHRDN-U is hereby seeking to recruit competent and vibrant Ugandans to fill in the following positions.
Purpose: Responsible for planning and implementing strategic communications to increase the reach, influence, and impact of WHRDN-U’s work.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
1. Ensure that the lived experiences of WHRDs in their diversity are documented, captured in a powerful, engaging, and consistent way , and that their voices are implied in all critical spaces.
2. Oversee the organizational digital marketing and content creation; pursue visibility for the organization in a manner consistent with feminist values.
3. Develop and implement multi-media campaign activities.
4. in -charge of writing columns, articles, public statements, web features, audio visual material correspondence a
5. Developing material and activities for media support issuing press releases, features, conducting interviews, arranging for press conferences and engaging with journalists and editor . Regular dissemination of information to network members.
6. Manage the general email box (info email) for WHRDN-U.
7. Any other duties as may be requested by the Executive Director .
Qualifications, Skills and Competencies
● The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelors’ Degree in any of the areas ; Development studies, Mass communication, Political Sciences or any other related fields
● At least 2-3 years of relevant work experience in related field.
● Experience in budgeting, work plans development, participating in program development and proposal writing, projects implementation, and reporting and program coordination.
● Fluent in social media and online content; internet related campaigns and advocacy
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with attention to details
● Tech savvy and creative and a high level of flexibility
● Collaborative and able to work dynamically and diligently without direct supervision
● Result oriented, interesting in learning and recommending new approaches or tech solutions
How To Apply
Interested and qualified persons should submit their application, and CV via email on firstname.lastname@example.org to Women Human Rights Defenders Network Uganda (WHRDN-U) not later than 26 th April 2021 at 5:00pm, addressed to the Executive Director . Please specify the position in the subject line of your email. For more information , please visit www.whrdnuganda.org