JOB TITLE: COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
REPORTING TO: HEAD MARKETING AND CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS
DEPARTMENT: MARKETING AND CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS.
DUTY STATION/LOCATION: HEAD OFFICE, KAMPALA
The Communications Officer through various initiatives will promote the bank’s brand, activities and products both internally and externally. They will act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Create innovative and engaging public relations and media campaigns.
• Write, edit and review all media content and press releases.
• Handle any PR related issue that may arise.
• Regularly submit PR reports.
• Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with HMCC.
• Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
• Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin.
• Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
• Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Degree in Mass Communications or Marketing.
• Job experience: Minimum 2 years of relevant experience.
• Working in media, journalism, communications, marketing, or in closely related external relations fields.• Excellent writing and editing skills.
• Presentation skills.
• Social media skills.
• Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences.
• Languages: Proficiency in English is required.
All interested staff should send their CV, application letter and copies of academic certificates to email@example.com addressed to; Head of Human Capital United Bank for Africa Plot 2, Jinja Road Kampala, Uganda.