- Company: MyRetailar
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Retailar is a B2B-C platform connecting manufacturers to retail merchants, changing the narrative of how fast-moving consumable goods are sourced & delivered. Consumer-facing industries have quietly grown into a significant economic force in Africa’s most populous nation. In the coming years, retail sales will become an even bigger part of Nigeria’s GDP.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Content Media & PR Lead
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
- This is a truly unique role that will cover three communities B2B, B2C, Partnerships
- In summary, you’ll manage all content (Digital amplification) media (Media platforms) and Partnership conversation. This involves taking a driving seat and developing our audience strategy whilst also executing. encouraging respondents to take surveys and engage with content on our platform.
- The role also provides a great opportunity for exposure as you’ll work directly with the CEO
Your daily adventures will include:
- Growing and engaging social media communities by writing content calendars (at a brand level), creating and posting content, responding when needed and monitoring communities
- Bringing new ideas for engagement forward, defining the benefit for both our social communities and client business needs.
- Designing and tracking all posts on social media, using canva or photoshop.
- Identifying influencers and determining new ways to connect and activate them to become brand ambassadors for the benefit of the community and the brand
- Managing a consistently branded presence on all social channels
- Managing community on all social media platforms, engaging and answering questions
- Creating posts tailored to each channel and reporting on performance
- Creating a quarterly content calendar
- Nurture a strong industry and media network, increase awareness and drive top of mind brand image by developing and executing effective communication, media relations, and events programs.
- Drive brand awareness, positioning, thought leadership and messaging through PR activities.
- Develop Global and Country specific PR strategies and working with agencies or directly with the media to maximize coverage opportunities.
- Ghostwriting for executives that bring greater awareness with potential investors and other high-level stakeholders. Draft speeches for company executives, and arrange interviews and other forms of contact .
- Research African Retail and economic markets trends. Formulate questionnaires and surveys, gather information from key industry figures in an attempt to determine the validity of proposed topics and themes.
- Write interesting and effective press releases, prepare information for the media and develop and maintain company websites.
- Developing and sustaining strong working relationships with all stakeholders, including external PR agencies, media, and influencers.
- Organise webinars and offline events (conference, industry events, hosted events).
- Make sure that messaging is directly aligned with awareness, thought leadership, and lead generation purposes.
- Proactively source and build relationships with event organizers to guarantee placement of executives in key events, both paid and unpaid opportunities.
- Support Internal teams with communication initiatives.
- Manage PR & Event budget and Quarterly reporting on PR and event initiatives.
Required Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of managing social media accounts and community building
- Degree in Media / Journalism / Marketing / English Language.
- 3+ years of proven working experience in public relations required in financial services.
- Master’s degree in PR, communications, journalism or similar relevant field.
- Proficient in Adobe photoshop/ design tools
- Experience in writing engaging content – Examples/portfolio will be requested
- An interest in all things to do with Africa and development
- Experience in a start-up is a must. This is mandatory to do ghostwriting, preparing interview questions.
- Proven track record designing, organizing and executing PR strategy, successful events, webinars at both a local and international level.
- Experience using Google Analytics & Microsoft office.
- Big network and familiarity with major PR players, such as media, influencers, speakers, and agencies across Africa.
- Networking skills, including ability to connect and juggle many complex relationships at once.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Online and offline event planning experience, as well as experience working with digital events planning platforms.
- Experience with social media communication.
- Excellent communication, presentation and leadership skills.
- Outstanding organizational, time management skills and attention to detail.
- Aptitude in presentation and public speaking.
- Team player
Why You’ll Love it Here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Retailar’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
Method of Application
using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.