Job Position: Customer Service Representative Job
Job Location: New York, NY 10065
Under direct supervision and within a call center environment, is responsible for ensuring the efficient and accurate management of incoming communications and the scheduling of patient appointments, utilizing established protocols and procedures. This role also assists with training of junior staff.
- Manages inbound and outbound phone calls and inquiries. Routes calls and messages within the practice management system to appropriate staff.
- Responsible for triaging calls for various sub-specialties/modalities, requiring proficiency in each.
- Adheres to “scripts” and protocols for responding to requests and questions. Exercises some independent judgment when dealing with patients and unusual or special requests; escalates complex or difficult situations.
- Schedules and/or reschedules patient appointments within the practice management system(s).
- Collects new patient records as applicable.
- Obtains, reviews and updates patient demographic and insurance information within the practice management billing system.
- Maintains clinicians’ administrative and/or clinical/surgical schedules/calendars as needed.
- If applicable, ensures that patients provide any pre-visit documentation, pre- certifications or authorizations for medical services as needed, and/or a referral, if required.
- May provide coverage to other administrative patient-facing roles as needed.
- Manages patient chart process to ensure that information is inputted and scanned properly.
- Assists with special projects as assigned
- Assists with the training of new staff members as needed.
- High School Diploma
Approximately 2 years of experience in a customer service role
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must possess outstanding customer service skills. Compassionate, courteous, and helpful phone manner. Must be able to maintain a tactful demeanor while handling a continuous stream of high volume phone inquiries
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Demonstrated organizational skills; capable of working independently and as a team member.
Licenses and Certifications
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Standard office work; Role will require long period of time in a sitting position
Weill Cornell Medicine is a comprehensive academic medical center that’s committed to excellence in patient care, scientific discovery, and the education of future physicians in New York City and around the world. Our doctors and scientists-faculty from Weill Cornell Medical College, Weill Cornell Graduate School of Medical Sciences, and the Weill Cornell Physician Organization-are engaged in world-class clinical care and cutting-edge research that connect patients to the latest treatment innovations and prevention strategies. Located in the heart of the Upper East Side’s scientific corridor, Weill Cornell Medicine’s powerful network of collaborators extends to its parent university Cornell University; to Qatar, where an international campus offers a U.S. medical degree; and to programs in Tanzania, Haiti, Brazil, Austria and Turkey.
Our medical practices serve communities throughout New York City, and our faculty provide comprehensive care at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian/Lower Manhattan Hospital, and NewYork-Presbyterian/Queens. At Weill Cornell Medicine, we work together to treat each individual, not just their conditions or illnesses, as we strive to deliver the finest possible care for our patients – the center of everything we do. Weill Cornell Medicine is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Weill Cornell Medicine provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.
How To Apply
Meal Officer at Handicap International FederationHandicap International FederationUgandaUganda
- Full Time
- Full Time
Senior UX DesignerNetSuiteUruguayUruguay
USA – CO, Colorado Springs – Donor Relations ManagerHabitat for Humanity InternationalColorado Springs, CO, USAColorado Springs, CO, USA
- Full Time