Job Position: Data Engineer
Job Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Hiring Organization: Reliance HMO
Reliance Health (https://reliancehealthinc.co/) is a healthcare company using technology to make healthcare more affordable and accessible. Through an integrated approach that includes affordable health insurance, telemedicine and a combination of partner and proprietary healthcare facilities, Reliance Health offers innovative healthcare solutions that meet the needs of emerging markets.
We are also backed by some of the world’s most prominent investors including Partech, Y Combinator and Tencent.
To find out more about working at Reliance Health visit www.reliancehmo.com/careers
We are looking for a dynamic and ambitious genius to join our Data Team as a Data Engineer. The Data Engineer will use his or her understanding of relevant tools to create and maintain optimal data infrastructures from unstructured data.
You Will Be Responsible For
- Create automation for repeated database tasks,
- Develop processes for optimising database security
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Performance tuning and optimization of queries
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘big data’ technologies.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Keep our data separated and secure across national boundaries through multiple data centres and AWS regions.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- Work with data and analytics experts to strive for greater functionality in our data systems.
- Experience in performance tuning and optimization of queries
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large, disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
Reliance Health is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on tribe, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, race or disability.
What’s on Offer?
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Work within a company with a solid track record of success
- Attractive salary & benefits
HOW TO APPLY