Role: Deputy Head of Sales (Uganda)
Position Start: As soon as possible
Reporting to: General Manager (Uganda)
As Deputy Head of Sales, you will lead M-KOPA’s Uganda direct sales team, strategy and execution. You will develop annual and quarterly sales planning, build and lead a high performing operational and sales team, grow M-KOPA’s sales channels and be responsible for overall direct sales targets.
Lead M-KOPA’s strategic planning for sales operations and distribution, including:
- Driving M-KOPA’s sales strategy and direction in Uganda
- Leading sales forecasting, demand planning and revenue management across all channels
- Defining operational plans for the sales team, and pushing for continuous improvement
- Securing market intelligence feedback from the trade and developing action plans to ensure growth
- Supporting the budgeting process tied to overall P&L targets.
Lead M-KOPA’s Sales Channel And Retail Management, Including
- Leading sales development, performance and intervention across all channels
- Growing retail partnership distribution and increasing sales share of existing channels
- Strengthening key account relationships at the management level with M-KOPA partners
- Tracking and analyzing sell-out across all channels in collaboration with M-KOPA’s business intelligence and data teams
Lead M-KOPA’s Sales Force Management, Including
- Managing M-KOPA’s direct field force and promoters in indirect channels, including recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and budgeting
- Overseeing and monitoring performance of M-KOPA’s field sales managers
- Defining KPI’s across the sales teams, developing operational performance reporting and supporting target achievement
- Structuring and implementing incentive and commission programs for agents and sales teams tied to key business objectives
- Ensuring all sales agents and managers are fully trained on M-KOPA sales methods and processes for customer onboarding and activation
Lead M-KOPA’s Go-to-market Planning For Sales, Including
- Executing route to market plans for all products across all sales channels and market segments.
- Ensuring brand visibility across all channels, and managing and overseeing promotional activities
- Responsible for executing merchandising, branding and sales assets working in collaboration with M-KOPA’s marketing teams
- Identifying trends in the market to assist and enhance marketing executions
- Drive M-KOPA’s customer growth and retention, including:
- Defining and monitoring business milestones and activation plans based on agreed annual and quarterly targets
- Aligning sales goals and processes to ensure strong customer credit performance and repayment
Experience, Skills & Competencies.
- You are passionate about our mission of upgrading lives, and making life-changing products more affordable and accessible
- You can live and breathe our values of progress, ownership and transparency
- You have 8+ years of experience in sales, preferably working in electronic device sales, FMCG or financial services, with the capability for strategic decision making and demonstrated business acumen
- You love inspiring teams to get the best out of them and enjoy delighting customers with excellence in service delivery and execution
- You have a proven ability to build and manage a network of field teams and regional representatives, with support functions, in a comparable industry.
- You are highly motivated and have a strong sense of ownership
- You are a visible, proactive and personally involved leader with excellent organizational, influencing and cross-cultural communication skills both verbal and written
- You have faultless integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Bachelors’ degree in any field but exceptions will be made for candidates who can show an exceptional track record in this area
How To Apply