- Company: TPO Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
TPO Uganda is a local Ugandan NGO that has been operating in the country for 25 years. Our programs comprise interventions organised around the following themes; Care and protection of OVC; child protection, livelihoods support, mental health and psychosocial support, response and prevention of all forms of violence against women and children as well as emergency response and humanitarian action. TPO Uganda is active in 36districts in the region and is a member of several partnerships and coordination mechanisms in the country.
TPO Uganda is now seeking person
Position: Documentation and Communication Officer
Reports to: Director Knowledge Development & Innovation
Location: Kampala(1 person) .
This position will be responsible for providing overall technical leadership to the program. The Project Coordinator will steward the program including managing all aspects of the program implementation through liaison with implementing partners, preparing and maintaining reports, providing overall responsibility for the day to day operations, coordination and accountability of project activities and resources.
Duties & Responsibility
Program implementation and documentation Development, editing and publishing of the content of strategic information materials for learning and advocacy including information packages, program briefs, researches for stakeholders sensitization activities and other public engagements.
• Provide communication and documentation guidance to TPO Uganda program initiatives.
• Design all information and communication materials for all program stakeholders.
• Lead in documentation of knowledge gathered such as case studies, anecdotes, best practices and lessons learnt to be used for further advocacy and learning purpose.
• Support the programme staff to develop information outputs such as newsletters, newspaper articles, website, flyers, briefing notes, short video films etc.
• Participate in preparation of monthly and annual reports for submission to the donor and the donor and thecountry management team.
• Develop content and direct creative execution to provide a consistent, targeted, and impactful messages including interviews, taking photographs, making video sequences, etc.
• Design campaigns to target specific audiences, placingan emphasis and discipline on campaign performance to help with recommendations for future programs.
• With support from the Deputy Country Director, direct in-house and external graphic designers, photographers, and other media-production specialists integral to the completion of marketing projects
• Identify and present opportunities for consistency in messaging and documentation experience across channels both in digital and print.
• Stays informed of developments in the field of branding and communications within the industry to foster ideas and innovation.
• Lead and coordinate the development, production and dissemination of the TPO Uganda annual report.
• Manage, update and /or handle the TPO website on behalf of the organisation.
• Interface on behalf of TPO with the national and international media houses
Program Development and resource mobilization
• Contribute ideas for new programs, researching and recommending innovative branding techniques.
• Participate in project proposals and concept development ofprogram.
• Ensure that all communication and documentation activities and materials are consistent with established international, national best practices and TPO communication policy.
• Monitor and evaluate the adherence to documentation and communication standards for TPO Uganda.
• Design and lead communication and documentation assessments to determine gaps and uptake of the TPO program.
• Contributes to knowledge creation by continually documenting lessons learned, good practices, and replicable strategies, and actively shares this knowledge.
• Provide monitoring of documentation activities and provide constructive feedback to inform quality interventions.
Coordination, Representation and Advocacy
• Develop, deliver and refine communication intervention strategy inline with the program objectives.
• In coordination with the DKDI, represent TPO in advocacy forums /meetings to share lessons learned in programming, needs assessments, and support to improve TPO programs.
• Together with the DKDI and relevant project coordinators, identify opportunities for communication and advocacy on issues related to program improvement.
• Builds and maintains solid partnerships with assigned internal clients to better develop, coordinate, direct, and facilitate strategic communications designed to meet business goals.
• Coordinate the external communications plan to support the campaigns and advocacy, work (media advocacy strategies) and participate in the partners meetings.
• Pro-actively seek and maximize opportunities to raise TPO profile.
• Manage, update and /or handle the TPO socio media handles and website on behalf of the organisation.4.Staff development
• Train implementing staff on documentation, writing success stories and ways of using data to show the theory of change
• Ensure the documentation and communication materials follow TPO policies, including the Communications policy
• Build capacity of implementing staff on advocacy, including the use of developed communication tools.
Required qualification, experience and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, in Mass Communication or Media Studies. Additional training in the required field is desirable.
• Minimum three years’ experience in preparing Advocay, Media Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials.
• Demonstrated experience with all types of social media (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
• Experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and web content management systems experience
How To Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees and a table showing your past 3-year salary history to: Human Resource Manager, Hand deliver only to Plot 652, Block 257, Wamala Close, Munyonyo.
TPO Uganda is an equal opportunities employer that does not discriminate on any basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thus, if you do not hear from us by 16th April2021, you are not considered