Job Position: Drilling & Wells Planning Coordinator
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Hiring Organization: Total Uganda
Job Category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
Responsible for all the scheduling, planning and progress measurement of Drilling & Wells activities, and for the reporting at project level all along the course of the Project.
Supervising, controlling and coordinating the activities related to Rigs scheduling, Work Packages planning and progress measurement; this includes active participation to the development of an integrated DRW schedule through:
- 10 Service Contractor schedules; 3 rig schedules; Planning interfaces with Logistics, Facilities construction and Field Operations
- Developing and maintaining DRW schedule, with analysis of critical path and potential clashes and proposal of remedial actions/solutions to avoid rig stand-by time and costs; Ensuring availability at all times of an updated and accurate scheduling and progress measurement documentation.On the basis of the main Contracts Time Schedule (Rigs, Tubular Goods, Completion equipment…) and in conjunction with the DRW, EI and IA Teams and Managers, maintain the Drilling & Wells planning updated and prepare trend analysis of critical areas. Coordinate with the Lead Planning Engineer of Tilenga Project for integration of DRW Planning within the overall Project Planning.
- Ensure that the different sub-contractors or manufacturing locations schedules are properly and regularly incorporated into the main contractor’s planning, and within the overall Drilling & Wells planning.
- Track all procurement and expediting related issues in conjunction with the Lead Engineers.
- Produce documents covering all planning issues, and provide good quality reporting, with in depth analysis of contractors schedule and clear reporting of this analysis showing critical paths, float trends, physical quantity trends and other relevant analysis reports.
Context and environment
- Degree in Engineering discipline or Construction Technology area or relevant courses and experiences in lieu
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry with a solid background in Drilling and Completion activities, Project Planning and critical path analysis.
Experience on Primavera planning software and Microsoft project and Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Powerpoint).
HOW TO APPLY