Job Title: Enterprise Risk Management Officer
Organisation: Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Risk Officer
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited (UETCL) is responsible for bulk purchase of electricity from the generating companies and selling the electricity in bulk to the distribution companies throughout Uganda. UETCL is also responsible for all exports and imports of electricity to Uganda.
Job Summary: The Enterprise Risk Management Officer will assist the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) committee on day to day basis. The position is located at the Company Head Office and reports to the Senior Risk Officer.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carrying out periodic planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the company.
- Liaise with the ERM committee Chairperson and develop an appropriate plan that can facilitate management to focus on risks at all levels of the company and take necessary actions to manage risks.
- Maintaining and being n custodian of the ERM register.
- On daily basis make fellow up on key matters relating to Risk management and advise the ERM committee.
- Facilitate the committee in risk reporting in an appropriate way for different internal stakeholders so that they understand the most significant risk, and ensure they are aware of risk relevant to their parts of the business and to individuals to their parts of the business and to individuals to understand their accountability for individual risks.
- Facilitate and guide operational staff in identifying and analyzing the risks that may have a material impact on the ability to execute UETCL’s strategy.
- Follow up committee resolutions for effective actions.
- And to carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold any relevant Bachelor’s Degree from recognised university e.g. Engineering. Risk management, Law, Management or Business studies, Statistic Psychology, Human Resource.
- Other additional specialties in information technology/science, Administration, Librarianship Risk. would be added advantages.
- Experience or knowledge of the Energy sector, but particularly in UETCL key business activities in an added advantage.
- The position will call for good negotiation skills and the ability to influence other staff to improve on the risk management culture across UETCL and have risk management embedded in all business units.
- The candidates should have a better notion on how to rank, score and group any potential risk for UETCL at a given time.
- The candidate should be good at record keeping and custodianship of company documentation.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should send their applications enclosing photocopies of academic qualifications certificates along with their curriculum vitae indicating contact postal address. daytime contact telephone, or fax or e-mail and giving three referees to:
The Ag. Manager.
Human Resource and Administration
Uganda Electricity Transmission Company Limited
P.O. Box 7625. KAMPALA
Deadline: Friday, 26th March 2021