- Company: CNOOC Uganda Limited
- Location: Uganda
- State: Kampala, UG
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC) CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment opportunities to the local talent Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused? committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Post: Environment Engineer
Location: Kampala, Uganda however can be mobilized to Lake Albert area, other construction sites or other cities as required. .
Aid in the monitoring, implementation of Company‘s Environmental Management Plan and ensure that field operations plans are in line with relevant environmental laws and regulations in Uganda.
• Participate in the modification and improvement of the Company‘s environmental management policy.
• Assist the Environment Manager to monitor the environmental performance of the Company’s operations.
• Monitor and ensure that site operations meet the company’s EMP and waste management plan to ensure compliance with Ugandan laws and regulations.
• Provide support and guidance for on-site environmental management of functional departments.
• Review the contractor’s environmental management plan and audit the contractors site environmental management.
• Responsible for communication and coordination with relevant government departments on site environmental management.
• Responsible for applying for relevant certificates and all permitting conditions are followed.
• Attend meetings and prepare regular reports tor stakeholders.
• Participate in the government and partners’ audits of on-site facilities.
• Participate in the preparation of the company‘s oil spill emergency plan and ensure the implementation of the emergency plan.
• Participate in environmental incident investigation and report preparation.
• Other duties as assigned by Company.
• Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Water and Civil Engineering, Environment science and Natural Resources Management or related
• Post Graduate level should be an added advantage.
• 8 years related experience, 5 in oil and gas Industry. With at least 3 years working on operational sites with contractors and infrastructure development projects.
• Knowledge of oil spill contingency system and implementation strategies.
• Knowledge and experience in the development of Environment management procedures, manuals and guidelines.
• Knowledge and experience in Environment aspects and interlinkages including physical environment (air, soil, water, and noise), oil spill management, waste management, emissions pollution and climate change etc.
• Knowledge oi Uganda Environmental laws and regulations. Clear understanding of Uganda Environmental Permits requirements and compliance.
• Clear understanding oi key areas of environmental management including biodiversity, climate change and resource management and implementation of practical solutions.
• Knowledge of modern environmental technology, waste management practice/disposal/monitoring, environmental monitoring.
• Environmental and social impact assessments management plans. Knowledge of lS0 14001 environmental management systems or integrated EHS MS.
How To Apply
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter merged into one PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than FRIDAY 19th March 2021 at 5.00PM. Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email.
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.