- Company: Abt Associates
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
he International Development Division focuses on improving the lives and economic well-being of people in lower and middle-income countries. We command technical expertise in health, agriculture, climate change, food security and governance—as well as in international evaluation. Our multi-layered health portfolio includes policy, health promotion and disease prevention, health finance, and health systems management. In partnership with government clients and local experts, our high-quality programs in Africa, Asia, Latin America, and the Middle East are known for impact and innovation.
USAID’s Integrated Community Agriculture and Nutrition Activity (ICAN) is USAID/Uganda’s flagship resilience project, awarded in July 2018. The Activity goal is to enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in the eight districts of Kanungu, Kisoro, Rukungiri (Kigezi sub-region); Gulu, Lamwo, Nwoya (Acholi sub-region); Kaabong and Kotido (Karamoja sub-region) in Karamoja region.
The overall objective of the project is to sustainably enhance the resilience of vulnerable households in its area of operation by maximizing economic opportunities for vulnerable households, stabilizing their access to and consumption of diverse and nutritious diets and increase social capital by reinforcing relationships among formal governance systems and communities.
The Finance and Grants Officer will provide general support finance, subcontracts and grants processes. This position is based in Kotido, Uganda.
- Support the regional team lead in managing finances and processing payments with in the Karamoja region.
- Coordinate regional procurements and logistics. Liaison with suppliers, including obtaining quotes, processing payments and ensuring deliveries
- Support subcontractor/s and grantees to prepare timely periodic financial reports and advance requests.
- Advice and monitor subcontracts financial management practices to ensure efficient use of ICAN resources.
- Work closely with the sub-contractors Finance team to put in place a consistent- hard copy / electronic filing structure and system for financial information and contracts related documents.
- Provide capacity building for sub-contractors and grantees in financial and administrative management and help them in implementing their individual capacity building plans.
- Working with regional technical team to support subcontracts in the budgeting and work planning process.
- With support of the Regional Lead, coordinate the grant making process from solicitation to contracting.
- Maintain grants tracking tool to ensure payment requests for grants deliverables submitted are correctly paid. Work with Kampala-based Grants Manager and Accountant to ensure timely disbursement of funds to grantees to avoid disruption to activity implementation.
- Conduct periodic checks of grantees activities as part of ongoing process to ensure that grants are utilized as per grant agreement.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Other Prerequisites/Preferred Qualifications
- Degree in Finance/Administration or equivalent, 2-4 years of experience in project finance, subcontracts and grants management support.
- Knowledge of computer software such as Excel, Word. Ability to communicate and liaise verbally and in writing with partners/suppliers/visitors and staff, and interpret/respond clearly and effectively to verbal or written instructions
- Results-oriented, team player and excellent interpersonal skills
(2+) years of experience and bachelor degree OR the equivalent combination of education and experience.
Abt Associates is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse workforce. Abt Associates provides market-competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 7 April. 2021