Overview of the position
The Finance manager’s Primary responsibility include overseeing day to day operation of the finance & accounts function for Olam. To lead the local F&A team and ensuring efficient execution of F&A activities. Liaise closely with local business, operations and managing stakeholders.
Key Accountability Areas:
Accounting & Month End Reporting
- Manage day to day accounting – To enable smooth running of all financial aspects of the company and implement appropriate controls over incoming and outgoing transactions
- Manage month end closing and reporting process – To provide information in a timely, complete and accurate manner
- Review and analysis of the financial statements (P/L, B/S, C/F)
- Responsible for ensuring Financial and Management accounting takes place strictly in accordance with accounting policy framework of Olam.
- Implement internal controls over financial reporting – Maintain integrity of data/numbers at all times.
- Exercising controls over all BS positions especially Fixed Assets, Inventory control, Accounts Payables and Cash/bank balances.
- Liaise with Financial matrix (FC/PFC/RFC), Factory manager and Business Head
- Assist in the preparation and analysis of annual budgets and business plans
- Monthly forecasting reports (BRM)
- Monthly variance reporting (Operation review)
- Weekly Business value /weekly variance reporting
Internal & Statutory Audits
- Manage local Statutory audit program
- Oversee information and processes
- Prepare reports and schedules to assist external auditors with tax fillings and annual financial statement certifications
- Support quarterly and annual group reporting MIS and audits, as may be applicable
- Prepare & deliver information and reports as may be sought by Internal Auditors from time to time
Treasury and Forex
- Manage banking limit
- Manage cash position
- Close liaison with Business head on forex cover requirements
- Forex position and loan tracking with limits.
Income Tax Compliance
- To ensure the compliance of the company with appropriate regulations, legislation and accounting standards to ensure the ongoing smooth running of the company
- To ensure the compliance of local transfer pricing policies
- Provide leadership to the local F&A team
- Ensuring motivation and engagement of local F&A team
- Oversee training, hiring, development of staff, as required
The incumbent should have strong numerical & analytical skills with ability to move fast and get things done. He should have the stature and the maturity that commands the respect of his peers.
To be successful you should:
- Have a nack of commercial orientation with the ability to run operations independently.
- Good command over spoken & written English, SAP experience preferred. Have an ownership mindset! and desire to run the Show Independently.
- Good people management, communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate with and influence a matrix of internal and external customers at varied levels.
- 7-8 years’ experience in F&A functions of corporates, preferably multi-national companies. Manufacturing domain experience is preferred
- CA, ACCA a must for the role
How To Apply