- Company: Uganda Tourism Board
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Tourism Board (UTB) is a statutory organization established by Uganda Tourism Board Statute of 1994 and reconstituted in the Tourism Act 2008 with the following Statutory Objectives:
1. To promote and contribute to the Development of Tourism sector both within and outside of Uganda. 2. To coordinate with the Ministry responsible for Tourism and the private sector in the implementation of the National Tourism policy.
3. To carry out any other activities as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the two objectives speciﬁed above. UTB, an equal opportunity employer seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Ugandan professional to fill the following position:
Title: Finance & Planning Manager
Salary scale: T3
Department: Finance & Planning
Duty Station: UTB Headquarters
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Head of Department: Senior Accountant and Planning Officer.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
To develop and implement adequate financial systems and procedures that conform to the professional standards and support the core functions of the Organization. .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Developing & putting in place financial control systems and procedures in accordance with government regulations, and professional accounting standards.
• Ensuring preparation of annual amounts within the statutory deadline in accordance with professional accounting standards, and prepare quarterly reports.
• Liaising with the office of the Auditor General for the conduct of audits and preparation of audit reports in accordance with professional accounting standards.
• Ensuring preparation of annual budgets and departmental plans that optimize the resources available to the financial commitments of LITB in line with the stipulated guidelines.
• Undertaking an advisory role to both the Board of Directors and Management on the financial performance of UTB in accordance with the approved budgets and reporting guidelines.
• Supervising the maintenance of accounting records, vouchers and other documentation, and record all financial transactions of UTB in line with financial procedures and accounting standards.
• Cross checking that all the financial commitments and payments by LITB are properly authorized, settled in tamely manner, and for value received all, in accordance with approved financial procedures.
• Supervising the collection and banking of all revenues due to UTB in accordance with the financial procedures.
• Ensuring preparation of business plans in order to identify and focus on the strategic to achieve financial sustainability in line with the strategic plan.
• Preparing quarterly reports and advice Management on the financial performance of UTB in accordance with the approved budgets and reporting guidelines.
• Undertake routine review of cash flows needs and advise on potential investment of surplus funds.
• Coordinate resource mobilization, institutional. project and investment planning in alignment with tourism programme and national planning framework
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned by Management.
Qualifications & Experience
• He/she should possess an Honors Degree in Commerce (Accounting option) or Business Administration (Accounting option) or the equivalent from a recognized University.
• A Master’s degree in Financial Management or its equivalent is a must. Possession of professional qualification like ABBA or CPA is compulsory.
• Membership with the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Uganda is a must.
• Must be conversant with the Government of Uganda payments, budgeting and reporting systems (Integrated Financial Management System (IFMS) and the Programme Budgeting System (PBS).
• He/she must have at least ten (10) years of experience working in Financial Management with at least three (3) years at Senior Management level in government or a reputable organization.
Skills & Competencies
Strong financial management acumen
• Knowledge of accounting procedures, protocols, budget administration.
• Experience in the use of PBS and IFMS is critical.
• Knowledge of financial forecasting. analysis and reporting.
• Ability to supervise and mentor staff.
• Ability to inspire credibility. confidence and build consensus.
• Strong interpersonal skills and the proven ability to provide leadership to a team.
• Ability to develop, monitor and evaluate multiple projects with multiple deliverables.
• Ability to plan. organize and lead the implementation of plans and processes.
• Advanced proficiency with computerized financial systems.
Method of Application
Interested and eligible Ugandans who meet the above requirements are invited to apply.
Application should be accompanied with detailed CV (with email, telephone contact and postal address), plus copies of all academic certificates and transcripts, testimonials, past appointments copy of valid
National Identity Card.
Contact details (telephone, postal and email addresses) of three competent referees should be sent by courier or hand delivered to the address below latest 5:00pm Friday 19th April 2021.
His Chief Executive Officer
Uganda Tourism Board, Plot 42, Rotary Avenue,
Lugogo Bypass, 6th Floor Lugogo Rouse.
P.0. BOX 7211 KAMPALA
This job advert can also be accessed on the UTB website: www.utb.go.ug/jobs
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.