- Company: Salpha Energy Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Akwa Ibom
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Salpha Energy, a leading Solar Energy company is looking for a reliable qualified Financial Accountant who will combine technical responsibilities with professionalism and apply expert knowledge.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full Time
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, and reconciling transactions and resolving discrepancies.
- Produces payroll by initiating computer processing; printing checks, verifying finished product.
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Preparing the company annual Financial Statement.
- Preparing meaningful, accurate and timely Monthly Management Reports, identify, review and report trends on due dates
- Attending to External Auditor during statutory Audit.
- Reviewing and ensuring Posting of all IFRS Adjustment.
- Ensuring up to date Inter-company reconciliation with parent company and all other subsidiaries within the group.
- Assisting budget holders in the preparation and coordination of annual budget.
- Review and ensure Withholding Tax (WHT) are deducted correctly from Vendor Invoices and subsequently remitted promptly to the respective tax authority (FIRS and LIRS) accordingly.
- Review and ensure all monthly provisions (Audit Fee, Tax Consultancy Fee & etc) prepayment and amortization are made on a monthly basis.
- Review and ensure daily and end of month posting of all payment vouchers and Journals before impacting into general.
- B.Sc Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field Advanced
- 12+ years experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Hands-on experience with softwares and accounting packages like Sage
- Hands on experience with Google Suite
- ICAN and ACCA certifications
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities
Application Closing Date
19th April, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV & Cover Letters to:
using the Job Title as the subject of the email.