Job Position: Financial Controller
JobLocation / address : Kampala, Uganda
Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The job holder is responsible of the Cost Control and Budget/Reporting departments linked with the activities of Operated blocks (EA-1 and EA-2) and non operated blocks under the JV agreement (EA-3) and Pipeline.
- In charge of the budget construction and follow-up, Cost Control of the whole company including the adaptation of the structure to the different phases of the project development, Joint Venture activities including billings and cash calls.
- Promote a robust cost awareness culture among the whole subsidiary through ad hoc internal workshops and permanent close contacts and interfaces with budget owners and budget spenders in operational as well as in support departments.
- Put in place cost monitoring programmes, identify potential areas for cost reduction and propose ways to achieve such goals. Contribute, via his/her controlling position within the supply chain, to prevent fraud and corruption. Consolidate budget from budget hold.
- Ensure SAP analytical structure integrity over time and its permanent adequacy and appropriateness to the evolving contractual framework relating to the investment periods as required by PSC, JV and Group reporting obligations.
- Coordinate and monitor the Joint Venture/PSC/Group budgets full cycle across the subsidiary: data collection from the budget holders, quantification control and challenging, data compilation and computation, budget construction.
- Ensure reliability and accuracy of budget estimates. Prepare budget brochures and participate in budgets’ presentations (and revisions thereto) to the Group, the Partners and the Authority under the PSA’s. Prepare accordingly Authorizations for Expenditure (AFE’s) as and when required by JV agreements.
- Ensure timely and accurate follow-up of cost spending against approved AFE’s and alert proactively when overruns can reasonably be anticipated. Control the results of the monthly accounting closure in liaison with the activities performed.
- Anticipate the requirements due to the project progress (pre-FID, construction, drilling, First Oil), adapt the existing models accordingly, inform other finance department about upcoming changes.
- To prepare monthly reporting, statements of expenditure (billings) to JV Partners in a timely manner, ensuring their reliability and accuracy.
- To manage, reporting and accounting wise, the correct JV expenditure classification in terms or recoverability as per the terms of the PSA’s, as adjusted from time to time following Joint Account audits by Partners and Authority.
- Manage staff development including training, career development, regular performance review and recruitment.
- Contribute to the successful implementation of a robust internal control framework within the subsidiary with due respect given, in its area of action and competence, to Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Total group policies and specifications.
- Promote and a put in place and maintain budgeting policies and procedures.
- Support internal & external audits, ensure compliance with Group standards and SOX obligations.
- The ideal candidate for the TOTAL Financial Controller job should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Financial Management, Accounting or related field.
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Finance Oil & Gas upstream Sector.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Power Point and Word) and SAP ERP
- Good communication, interpersonal and analytical skills and ability to work in a team
- Leadership, reliability, accountability, deadline respect, strong analysis skills, capacity to highlight main pointsIn charge to gather the financial methods issues, propose mitigations in liaison with HQ MethodsQualifications, Skills and Experience:
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to TOTAL are encouraged to apply online at the link below.