Job Title: Fixed Asset Accountant
Hiring Organisation: Airtel Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Financial Reporting Manager
About US: Airtel was launched in Uganda in 1995 and is Uganda’s most innovative mobile phone operator, which has introduced many “firsts” in the telecommunication sector such as: Pre-paid plans, Post-paid plans, International roaming, Dedicated customer care, One rate to all networks, Fax and Data, Call forwarding, Per second billing, Freedom Forever and Mobile Top up. Airtel Uganda Limited is the country’s fastest growing telecom company, and a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel Limited – a leading global telecommunications company with operations in 16 countries across Asia and Africa.
Job Summary: The Fixed Asset Accountant will mainly manage the capitalisation and depreciation/amortisation of fixed assets and ensure compliance with laid down policies and procedures. The incumbent ensures compliance with international accounting standards and the Group accounting instructions in respect to the treatment of fixed assets in the financial statements. Manage CWIP, Inter OpCo material sales, Site Roll Out activities & Accounting for the same.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the capitalisation of fixed assets and ensure compliance with laid down policies and procedures
- Prepare documentation to facilitate the capitalization of fixed assets in compliance with Group Policies on Capitalization, FOC/Swap Accounting, Credit Note Accounting, etc
- Ensures periodic physical verification; once a year for regular assets and half
- yearly or quarterly for high risk assets
- Prepares the necessary Journal Vouchers and approvals to support asset write offs
- Reconciles monthly fixed asset ledgers to the balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Manage the work in progress account
- Manage inter-company accounts and other sales
- Generates and dispatch invoices relating to inter-company cross charges
- Caries out inter-company reconciliations
- Follows up to ensure timely settlement of intercompany balances
- Raises invoices for other sales activities
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal Candidate for the Airtel Uganda Fixed Asset Accountant will job must hold a University degree in Business Computing, BBA (accounting option) or relevant field
- Level 2 of a professional accountancy (ACCA, CPA CIMA, or similar) will be an added advantage
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in a busy international company
- Experience in Mobile/Telecom industries is an advantage
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of local tax laws and regulations
- Knowledge of Fixed asset capitalisation policies.
- Strong Analytical skills and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong coaching skills
- Sets high personal standards and is goal oriented
- Excellent and effective communications skills, both orally and in writing
- Attach copies of all academic documents.
- Soliciting of influence of any nature will lead to an automatic disqualification.
- We regret that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- Applicants who do not hear from us within 1 week from the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful.
How to Apply: All interested Candidates are invited to submit their applications to the email address below. Please attach your CV, academic qualifications and day phone contact. Send Email to: vacancies@ug.Airtel.com and clearly indicate the email subject as “Fixed Asset Accountant will”
Deadline: 23rd April 2021