Job Title: Communications Officer (Fresher Jobs)
Organisation: United Bank for Africa (UBA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Head Marketing and Corporate Communications
United Bank for Africa (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in twenty (20) countries and three (3) global financial centers: London, Paris and New York. UBA has evolved into a Pan-African, provider of banking and related financial services through diverse channels globally. United Bank for Africa Uganda represents UBA’s pioneer country activities in the East and Southern African sub-region. With a growing network of branches and ATMs across the country, the bank continues to expand the retail and commercial playing field in Uganda by delivering unique financial products and solutions.
Job Summary: The Communications Officer through various initiatives will promote the bank’s brand, activities and products both internally and externally. They will act as a liaison between the organization, the public, and the media to ensure that the brand remains top of mind.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create innovative and engaging public relations and media campaigns.
- Write, edit and review all media content and press releases.
- Handle any PR related issue that may arise.
- Regularly submit PR reports.
- Establish an internal communications strategy in conjunction with HMCC.
- Ensure organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders.
- Plan, edit and write content for a variety of internal communications mediums, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine or regular email bulletin.
- Draft messages or scripts for senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form.
- Handle the internal communication response to crisis situations which affect organisational perception and reputation.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Communications Officer job should hold a Degree in Mass Communications or Marketing.
- At least two years of relevant experience.
- Working in media, journalism, communications, marketing, or in closely related external relations fields.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Presentation skills.
- Social media skills.
- Developed understanding of needs of media and public audiences.
- Languages: Proficiency in English is required.
How to Apply:
All interested staff should send their CV, application letter and copies of academic certificates to email@example.com addressed to;
Head of Human Capital
United Bank for Africa
Plot 2, Jinja Road
Deadline: 19th March 2021