- Company: GUO Transport Company Limited
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
GUO Transport Company Limited is a division of G. U. Okeke & Sons Ltd. A household name in the transportation industry and one of the largest providers of intercity and interstate transportation, serving more than 200 destinations across Nigeria and West Africa with a modern and environmentally friendly fleet.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: General Manager, Operations
Location: Isolo, Lagos
Employment Type: Full Time
- The General Manager, Operations will be responsible for management of overall operations.
- The role comprises tasks related to leading and managing the operations department of the company.
- A dynamic, committed, experienced, and highly educated personality who has at least 5+ years of professional experience in a logistics company will be a fitting background for this position.
- The position reports to the CEO.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing and implementing required procedures and policies in order to continuously improve operational efficiency in overall operations.
- Responsible for establishment and operations management of all retail locations.
- Developing the strategic business plan with the help of CEO and other key management members.
- Developing operational manual and other strategic documents to run the business efficiency.
- Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverables.
- Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor activities and generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same.
- Responsibility for monthly management review actual against target with direct reports and CEO.
- Ensuring that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe collection and dispatch of customers items and maintenance of data and records thereof.
- Ensuring service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns.
- Oversee management of the various operational zones including resource deployment and customer liaison to ensure that services being delivered by the operations team meet the required standards and taking necessary corrective action where necessary.
- Ensuring proper resource utilization and rationalization including human resource.
- Maintain operation data on daily and monthly transactions for management decisions as and when required.
- Participation in budgeting and budget implementation process.
- To organize the operational structure, procedures and resources and ensure effective sourcing, induction, training and development of operational staff in order to optimize the performance of people.
- To motivate employees to achieve objectives and increase their job satisfaction.
- To encourage and develop new ideas for procedures and systems in order to continuously improve the ability of the operational system to promote service to customers.
- To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer requirements and company standards.
- To ensure all pickups are performed on time to meet committed service standards and the documentation is correct.
- To ensure timely and accurate communication of information that affects service quality.
- To manage and ensure strict compliance of security procedures and regulations for road operations.
- To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets.
- To ensure costs are regularly reviewed against agreed budget targets. As a member of the management team, he/she will be expected to prepare, revise and submit reports, budgets and other documentation as required.
- Travel within and outside of Lagos.
- Attend business meetings, conferences, and other events within and outside Lagos.
- Perform any other task assigned by the line manager.
- Minimum of a First Degree in Business Administration or other Social / Management Sciences.
- Relevant professional certification is an added advantage.
- 5+ years of professional experience especially in logistics and supply chain industry is highly desirable.
- Experience from a strong international courier company experience is an added advantage
- Good IT & Computing knowledge
- Detail oriented/ analytical
- Good communication skills
- Team leadership skills, with ability to motivate others.
- Outstanding people skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work independently
- Performance Management
- Financial Management
- Business Acumen
- Travels as required by business needs.
- Strong decision-making skills.
- Management skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills.
Application Closing Date
22nd March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using “GM Operations” as the subject of the mail