Guest Services Officer – Reception
First impressions are everything! As a Guest Services Officer at the Reception, you will take care of the guests from the moment they arrive through to their departure by ensuring they have a memorable experience with us.
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai’s most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel’s cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Register and process check in for all arrivals.
- Handle guest checkouts efficiently and professionally.
- Update guest information into the computer after a complete check in.
- Accountable for cashiering duties, foreign exchange transactions, night audits tasks and settlement upon Guests’ departure.
- Handle walk in counter reservation at all times and process call in reservation when room reservations section is closed.
- Resolve guests complaints/ requests and liaise with the department concerned to ensure immediately follow up.
- Handle issuance of guest room key cards and ensure effective control for guest security.
- Check and convey message, mail and package to Guests.
- Assist at the Information counter, foreign exchange, night audit and, business centre, as and when assigned.
- Have knowledge of the hotel rate codes, package, segmentation, discounts and how to handle each.
- Handle safe deposit boxes in accordance with the hotel policy.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the department head.
- Be aware of the hotel’s accident Prevention Policies.
- Ensure the cleanliness and neatness of the front office area.
- Ensures that all guests are greeted on arrival & departure of the hotel.
- Review logbook, verify outstanding and follow up pending.
- Identify if any special assignment for the day
- Check Hotel situation, occupancy, functions, groups, VIPs
- At the end of the shift or the day, he has to communicate all information that the next shift has to know for a well running of the operations
- Prepare for daily arrivals in terms of room allocations, amenities and special requests of the guests.
- Provide friendly sand courteous service to guest and respond promptly to all requests and inquiries at all time.
- Co-ordinate with colleagues whenever necessary regarding operational concerns.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience handling a similar role.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
- Prior experience working with Opera.
- Fluency in Arabic and English is compulsory.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit https://careers.accor.com/
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo!
How To Apply