- Company: Stanbic Bank Uganda
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Uganda
To strategically lead Country Engineering capabilities realizing Group, Country Engineering strategy in support of Standard Bank Group strategy. To direct local platform development integrating, building technology ecosystems enablement with local partners, Country Segments, Solutions, Innovation initiatives. To inculcate culture, future ready skills to achieve engineering objectives in support of SBG strategy. To partner with segment coverage teams interacting with key clients to better understand requirements.
Risk, Regulatory, Prudential & Compliance
· Govern and manage sandbox, access to customer base, integration pain points and issues (Producers/ Developers as customers on local platform). Deliver to Group platform governance processes
· Drive Engineering principles, culture and transformation at the country decision making forums and Boards. Facilitating fit for purpose governance and Risk frameworks in line with Group standards.
· Advocate, build awareness and transform culture and mindsets to embrace agile delivery principles, technology and operations with digital at its core, intelligent buildings and data driven decision making, achieving the desired platform orientated culture
· Lead the day to day delivery of country engineering capabilities ensuring appropriate client and partner experience.
· Be the custodian and the ambassador of the requisite engineering culture across engineering portfolio, including customer-obsession, data-led, mastery, execution excellence, community and growth mindset
· Lead the development and build out of appropriate engineering talent, closing the skills gap in support of Future Ready Transformation in partnership with HC
· Active Platform partnership management – partner wellbeing, summits, integration, enablement, delivering to the Group Platform vision within the Country context
· 3rd party engagement and technological integration and onboarding onto platforms, building out partnerships and enable growth of the ecosystem (Platform Community building)
Technology & Architecture
· Industrialising Platform partnerships, enabling Standard Bank solutions to 3rd parties and 3rd party solutions to Standard Bank clients, in partnership with Country Client Segments and Solutions. Integrating 3rd party services and solutions enabling Country and Group Platforms.
· Lead research into new technologies adapting Country Engineering strategy providing modular and agile solutions in line with Group’s strategic principles; re-engineer business processes to accelerate digital operations.
· Constitute and provide strategic input on country capabilities to enable platforms technologically., anticipating trends in the market place ensuring local strategies for technology and platform enablement are proactive and effective.
· Be a trusted advisor to the Country Chief executive and leadership teams and industry on key Engineering subjects such as AI, Data, Analytics, Automation, Platforms and technology advancements.
· Lead and integrate Country Engineering directing strategies and initiatives in line with Group Engineering direction. Facilitate the in-country implementation of the Future Ready Engineering mandate and act as integrator and enabler of agility and digitization.
· Build, enhance and innovate a collaborative country Engineering function providing efficient and reliable solutions that support and enable the country platform, consumption of Group platform, embedded in strong security and compliance frameworks. This includes Data and Analytics – using data to improve client experience for solutions / automation new revenue streams
· Research and analyse external global trends to serve as input for the design, innovation of the Country Engineering strategic roadmap, business architecture, operating model, technologies and target state, aligned with Group Engineering direction.
· Provide strategic direction for local partnerships (and support for Group Platform partners), and integration of data as decision making capability across the Country strategy and portfolio.
· Provide strategic vision, operational leadership and direction to the Country Engineering Capabilities to enable proactive shaping, measuring and reporting on the realisation of Country Engineering strategy, leadership principles and culture
· Guide and lead the Engineering scope and strategic roadmap dialogue on a Country level, aligned to Group Engineering and Country functional strategy, transposing to operational targets, measures and plans, realising the strategy in Country.
· Take a leading role and guide the Country Engineering strategy realisation, overseeing the design and implementation of strategic initiatives, cross-cutting capabilities
· Inculcate the Group Engineering Strategy, principles and culture across Country Engineering capabilities, promoting a compelling shared purpose towards becoming a platform organisation.
· Lead and realise Country Engineering strategy and roadmap to become Future Ready, aligning with Group Engineering Strategy and initiatives, influencing local partners and industry bodies to enable the aspirations of becoming a platform business.
· Integrate on the Country business model, linking the Engineering capabilities into Country Segment and Solutioning activities; how data informs client experience improvement, collaborate on monetization solutions for the country. Innovation will be part of this Country Operating Model integration.
· Drive, assess and direct Country Platform performance, as well as Group Platforms delivery in country to deliver desired client experience and value.
· Direct the management of third parties consumers of SBG solutions and proactive management and avoidance of technical / people risk to country.
· Partner with Country segment coverage teams in the interaction with key clients to better understand their requirements.
· Strategically support and collaborate with Data & Analytics capabilities, highlighting and leading country use cases as appropriate.
· Ensure data driven decision making at Country Engineering portfolio and Country level, support monetization and new revenue streams for the country
· Oversee and guide the conducting of formal reviews to assess and ensure alignment of strategic programmes, initiatives and objectives with initiative results.
· Anticipate future requirements of the Country Engineering function , influence Group Engineering and Country Client Segments, Solutions and Innovation functions to evolve operating and organisation models.
· Formulate and gain acceptance for annual revenue and capital budgets for the Country Engineering Function. Monitor budgets against expenditure and manage costs in line with organisational parameters
· Contribute to the country profit via the use of ICT frameworks, data monetisation initiatives, reducing expenditure (RES, Operations, Technology) and limiting damage by setting up controls and planning for possible disasters.
· Investment cases and benefits realisation of investments made is part of the value realisation objective of the portfolio
· Benchmark Engineering investment and cost profile for the country
· Drive out internal and external integration, transformation of infrastructure and SBG and Country product, services and ecosystem solutions
Post Graduate Degree Business Commerce and/or Post Graduate Degree Information Technology
Other Minimum Qualifications, certifications or professional memberships
· Master of Business Administration or equivalent and Relevant industry certifications
· A Masters degree in Business Commerce or MBA degree would be beneficial
. 5-7 years experience in background of full lifecycle design and development covering multitier environments and markets
. Significant experience managing technology in large multi dimensional corporate environment preferably financial industry, Managing delivery of 3rd parties and Africa Region experience. Industry and market knowledge; different ownership models. Knowledge of Agile and Lean frameworks, methods and practices and experience in being a catalyst for organisational change. Experience working in a multi-vendor and outsourced IT.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 7 April. 2021