- Company: G4S
- Location: Uganda
- City: Kampala
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Uganda
Reporting to the General Manager – Uganda and a functional reporting line to the Finance Director – East Africa; the Head of Finance manages a team of 18 and coordinates the provision of effective financial support services within the Uganda Office, in compliance with legislation and Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company Financial policies in respect of budget processes.
- Preparation and timeous submission of the country annual budget for Finance Director – East Africa approval, conforming to defined budget guidelines and principles.
- Maintenance of expenditure within approved levels by ensuring compliance with budgetary control procedures.
- Ensure business compliance with Company accounting and administrative practices, in conformance with the Uganda legislation and generally accepted accounting practice.
- Timeous and accurate processing of decentralized accounting transactions on the G4S ERP system, maintaining accurate and detailed records with supporting source documentation.
- Management of the country accounts receivable function, implementing effective credit control measures to ensure that cash flow is maximized.
- Oversight of payroll, ensuring scheduled and actual hours worked do not exceed contractual manpower requirements.
- Preparation and timeous submission of accurate forecasts of monthly results, facilitating implementation of proactive measures to obviate unacceptable outcomes.
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information
- Liaison with internal and external auditors; Investigate and follow-up on discrepancies of audit reports; Investigate and follow-up on discrepancies of audit reports.
- Effective coordination of litigation, insurance and other claims.
- Support the business with commercial decision support analysis.
- Relevant Degree in Finance / Accounting or Business Management
- ACCA or CPA (U) or similar qualification
- Five years in Management Accounting & Staff Management Experience
- Knowledge of internal controls
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong understanding of local tax reporting
G4S is the leading global integrated security company specializing in the provision of security products, services and solutions. The group is active in more than 110 countries, and is the largest employer quoted on the London Stock Exchange with over 533,000 employees and has a secondary stock exchange listing in Copenhagen. We specialize in outsourced business processes and facilities in sectors where security and safety risks are considered a strategic threat.
Method of Application
Closing Date : 17 April. 2021