- Company: MyRetailar
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Nigeria
Retailar is a B2B-C platform connecting manufacturers to retail merchants, changing the narrative of how fast-moving consumable goods are sourced & delivered. Consumer-facing industries have quietly grown into a significant economic force in Africa’s most populous nation. In the coming years, retail sales will become an even bigger part of Nigeria’s GDP.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Gbagada, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Your daily adventures will include:
- As our, you will be responsible for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of our company.
- You will be responsible for providing strategic financial, operational, programmatic, and functional supports to the organization and supervises the accounting and finance departments of all the Strategic Business Units. Assists Executive Management on all strategic and tactical matters as they relate to budget management, cost-benefit analysis, forecasting needs, and securing new funding needs to ensure smooth operations of the business.
- In addition, you will also contribute to the development of our financial and operational strategy, KPIs, and the ongoing development and monitoring of the financial system.
- Strategically partner with the CEO to drive profitable growth through analysis, influencing, and action on risk assessment, contracting excellence, pricing, profitability, and cost control.
- Provide strategic counsel to the CEO with respect to administering, on a day-to-day basis, the financial and administrative operations of the organization.
- Monitor and updating financial infrastructure to keep pace with changing needs, such as compliance issues, reporting requirements, tax, and accounting issues, insurance requirements, etc.
- Ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of relevant processes and standard operating procedures, which assist in enhancing short-range and long-range financial and organizational stability.
- Ensures compliance with professional accounting standards, rules, regulations, and laws by directing, supervising, and facilitating the preparation and maintenance of required and appropriate financial records, monthly and annual financial reports, and all other financial reporting as may be required by federal, state, local agencies, or established accounting standards.
- Oversee the investment and cash management strategy, has responsibility for banking and investment relationships. Develop cash management strategy to optimize cash balances in operating and short-term investment accounts for four separate entities.
- Perform market, customer, and project analysis to proactively identify both new opportunities and potential risks to future business performance.
- Work with programmatic units to draft prospective programmatic budgets, determine the cost-effectiveness of potential service among others.
- Establish inter-company fee agreements, overseeing accounting, cash and investment transfers within and between companies.
- Manage the preparation of all financial reports.
- Lead reporting, forecasting, and planning processes, including providing financial targets for profitable growth and proactive analysis of financial statements for opportunities to increase income. Ensure the accuracy of all financial statements and ensure strong program and project financial controls.
- Prepare financial analysis for contract negotiations and product investment decisions.
- Assist in establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the department’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate and oversee financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Monitors all balance sheet accounts associated with contracts managed by Retailer including accounts receivable, funds withheld by customers, claims recoverable, etc.
- Participate as a member of the Executive Management Team to ensure company objectives are met.
- Establish quality standards for service level requirements for finance and procurement.
- Recognize and be responsive to the needs of all stakeholders of the organization, including raising funds for the company, the Board of Directors, Investors, service provider and employers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business; ACA/ACCA
- 5-7 years financial management experience
- Experience as a Finance Manager (FM) or a similar role in Start-up Company in Tech or FMCG, with mastery of Cost Accounting Standards, pricing and managing cost-based proposals/contracts, Principles, and other procurement regulations.
- Experience in Fund-raising rounds pre-seed or Series.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Working knowledge of short- and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Applicants must below 35 years of age.
- Team player
Why You’ll Love it Here
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on millions of people all over the world.
- You’ll be surrounded by the most friendly, supportive colleagues you can imagine.
- As we grow, so will you! Retailar’s fast-paced, challenging environment offers you great opportunities for professional development.
- You’ll always be kept informed. Our bi-weekly All Hands meetings bring our teams together, ensuring we’re all up to speed and moving forward as one.
Application Closing Date
30th March, 2021.
Method of Application
using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.