Job Title: Head of Information Systems
Hiring Organisation: FINCA Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Microfinance Holding Company LLC (FMH) and part of a network of 20 microfinance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible financial services that enable low – income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda – one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. Job Summary: The Information Systems Manager is responsible for overseeing Information Systems Department, and providing technical and administrative support for Information Systems applications and Information Systems infrastructure across head office and branches of FINCA Uganda. He/She will develop a Portfolio of Information Technology Services that support the goals of the organization, deliver value and achieve a positive Return On Investment Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing strategies and action plans to align technology to business processes of the FINCA Uganda.
- Analyzing business requirements and translate into technology solutions
- Developing, implementing and maintaining policies and procedures related to information technology based on FINCA’s Global Information Systems policies
- Measuring, monitoring and optimizing IT Services and good performance of the area as a service provider.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Information Security Plan and Business Continuity Plan.
- Managing the Information Systems department (hiring, training, creating operating plans, evaluating staff performance)
- Ensuring quality of Information Systems Services specified in the Information Systems Services Catalog with the main focus on the core banking application
- Supervising and managing Help-desk and field end user support
- Ensuring adequate IS Security coverage is maintained at all areas under the IS domain including but not limited to data, infrastructure, networks etc.
- Aligning IT strategies and operations to business goals
- Collecting business requirements for IS and managing stakeholders expectations
- Consulting internal business customers on IT solutions that could satisfy business needs
- Planning, tracking and controlling IS budget
- Formally managing IT projects
- Coordinating and supporting provision of IS trainings to system users
- Providing specifications and standards in procurement of IS hardware, software and services and ensuring quality of IT assets and services purchased from external suppliers.
- Leading business continuity and IS disaster Recovery Planning initiatives and provide both leadership and expertise to implementation in case of an incident.
- Devising and implementing an effective plan to deliver a satisfactory risk and audit profile for IT and achieve audit and assurance targets.
- Reporting to management periodically and ensuring that subsidiary management team is kept abreast with developments and performance of the department, whilst escalating matters as necessary.
- Developing a highly skilled, responsive and innovative team to enable the department meet its performance objectives.
- Undertaking research in area of responsibility and appraise management on developments in the industry that impact the bank’s IS processes, systems etc.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Sciences or related fields. ITSM knowledge, Certifications in PMI, MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, Network+, ITIL and experience in IT Security, IS Management are added advantage
- At least three years of experience at management positions in IT, Over 4 years of experience in implementation and support of IT systems
- 3 years experience in management and formal administration of IT projects
- 3+ years of experience within a technical support environment, including hardware, software and network support.
- Basic knowledge in finance and accounting
- Experience with enterprise databases (at least one of Oracle, DB2, MS SQL, Sybase)
- Excellent knowledge of information systems policies and practice in a banking environment.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Experience with the specific operating systems, applications, database applications or programming languages in use at the site.
- Experience with more than one operating system and also with sites running more than one operating system.
- Knowledge of ITSM (ITIL)
- Experience in networking: routers, routing protocols, firewalls, VPNs.
- Leading with Integrity
- Good at employee engagement
- Result Orientated
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong technical orientation related to the job
- High level of energy, creativity, flexibility, enthusiasm, commitment, self-confidence and initiative
- Accuracy, attention to detail and awareness of deadlines
- Strong leadership skills with proven capacity to direct, to influence and to motivate the team under management.
- Proven ability to balance, prioritize and organize multiple tasks
- Excellent capacity to present and to explain the information, persuade others and promote the understanding and the consensus
How to Apply:
All candidates should apply online at the link below. Click Here Deadline: 30th April 2021