Total is a global integrated energy producer and provider, a leading international oil and gas company, and the world’s second-ranked solar energy operator with SunPower. Our 100,000 employees around the world are committed to better energy that is safer, cleaner, more efficient, more innovative and accessible to as many people as possible. As a responsible corporate citizen, we focus on ensuring that our operations in more than 130 countries worldwide consistently deliver economic, social and environmental benefits. In Uganda, we are a major player in the Oil and Gas sector with 125 service stations across the country.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists the Methods Manager in updating and developing of the TEP-Uganda HSE (Health Safety Environment Management System (MS) which includes the H3SE procedures, Reporting, Contractor Management, Emergency preparedness and engineering documents in compliance with MAESTRO referential and Company E&P Referential
- Assists in implementing and maintaining Company’s Emergency Response System and update existing documents: Emergency Response Plan, Emergency Directory and Contact Register etc.
- Ensures maintenance, functionality and test of the Company’s Emergency facilities: Crisis Room, On Duty Officer tools, etc.
- Manages the On Duty Officer (ODO) system and ensure effective handover between each party
- Organizes the emergency preparedness as Large-Scale Exercise, Tabletop Exercise and ensure follow up of action plans
- Develops Safety Operating procedures for Company’s facilities in collaboration with operations disciplines (Drilling/Construction/ Logistics);
- Develops H3SE procedures for TEP Uganda HSE MS to follow MAESTRO referential
- Assists in the implementation of Company Safety Policies, Standards and Guidelines
- Ensures that contracting aspects and management of Contractors are compliant with affiliate HSE MS for the selection of Contractors, execution and closure of the contract
- Participates and assesses the quality of the HSE MS of the tendering contenders and identify all hazards with the selected contractor prior to starting operations
- Maintains regular contacts/meeting with Contractors to help them to improve their HSE Management System further to recommendations issued from audits
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the TOTAL HSE Management System Engineer job should hold a Bachelor of Science
- At least five years of experience in a related field
- Understanding of the upstream sector with a background in the Oil & Gas Industry.
- Studious and Analytical mind with good knowledge of HSE methods and Safety Operations issues
- Strong organizational, good presentation skills, time management, analytical, problem solving, oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to TOTAL are encouraged to apply online at the link below.