- Human Resources
- Crested Towers, Kampala Uganda
Human Capital: attracting and retaining key talent, providing learning and development initiatives, governance of performance management and reward schemes, centres of excellence to drive and embed Standard Bank values and culture.
This position reports to the Senior Human Recourses Business Partner. As a strategic business partner, the successful candidate will work closely with Line Managers to drive the achievement of business unit and overall Bank’s objectives through the implementation of the Human Resources strategy, policies and programmes.
- Work in partnership with Heads of Departments to provide support and influence that will enable them to effectively deliver their people plans.
- Provide a consultancy service that delivers best practice and focused HR solutions that support the business area in conjunction with specialist HR functions.
- Facilitate career and succession plans for the business units and roles.
- Inculcate a shared mind-set and foster employee loyalty to the Bank’s values.
- Instilling a performance culture within the business unit.
- Advise the Senior HR Partner on the opportunities for improvement of employee relations.
- Attend to employee grievances as well as disciplinary issues.
- Equip line management with appropriate tools and knowledge to effectively manage their people in line with their people plans such as performance management, absence management, career management etc.
- Provide personal support on the implementation of HR initiatives in support of the HR strategy.
Preferred Qualification and Experience
- 5 years’ experience working in a busy commercial Hunan Resources environment 2 of which should have been at managerial level.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Social Sciences or General Humanities
- Knowledge of the business
- Knowledge of the National Labour laws
- Good analytical skills
- Team working and Team leadership skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Good communication skills
- Counselling and mediation skills
- Negotiations skills
HOW TO APPLY