Organization: GIZ Uganda
Job Location: Uganda
Ref No.: GIZ – CEAP-E4D/ITO/072148
GIZ Uganda Profile:
The CEAP Programme is implemented on behalf of the Government of Uganda, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), The BMZ’s German Climate Technology Fund (DKTI), the multilateral partnership “Energising Development” (EnDev), the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation and Nuclear Safety (BMU) and the European Union.
CEAP supports the Ugandan Ministry of Energy and Mineral Development in:
- Formulation of energy policy, improvement of market structures for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency technologies, and energy efficiency promotion among medium and large-scale consumers of energy, decentralize energy at district level.
- Promotion of access to energy, especially for rural areas.
- And support to East Africa’s Governments and the private sector to mitigate Climate Change through carbon market promotion.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Junior IT Officer will be in charge of:
- Providing IT services for the programme including technical assistance, maintenance & installation, consultations, etc.
- Supporting the digitalization of processes and aiding the management and storage of data.
- Managing all IT equipment & software procured by the programme as well as aiding in the procurement process by consulting the procurement department and generating specifications.
- Ensuring that GIZ cyber security protocols & data protection regulations are complied with.
The Junior IT Officer performs the following tasks:
- Ensure that all hardware is maintained with standards set by GIZ head office.
- Consult with the CEAP management team regarding renewal or improvement of systems; test new hardware and recommend the purchase of new systems, upgrade of existing systems and IT equipment.
- Supports, installs, maintains all software packages used at GIZ (e.g. MS Teams, OnSite Suite, MS Office, WinPACCS, SAP, etc.)
- Test new or upgraded software systems and update all software to the latest versions.
- Establish/Maintain proper back-up systems and ensure system security both in the GIZ CEAP office as well as the district offices where applicable.
- Ensure that the anti-virus software is updated periodically both in the CEAP office as well as the district offices where applicable.
- Maintain and update existing websites.
- Install/manage and maintain the local area network (LAN).
- Confer with vendors to guarantee maintenance/repair of IT equipment.
- Maintain market research on quality and prices and advise on the procurement of IT equipment.
- Create supplier neutral specifications for any IT related procurement.
- Install, manage, and maintain the general administration of all IT systems in use.
- Back-up data and ensure data security.
- Advise on best practices for cyber security and implement the GIZ cyber security protocols.
- Handle troubleshooting and solving of all computer and internet related problems – this must be done both physically and remotely.
- Ensure an emergency deputy service.
- Keep an inventory of hard- and software and update list as soon as changes occur.
Other Duties/Additional Tasks
- Undertakes further job training related to his/her position and duties, if required. Special training programs shall be identified and selected jointly with the Team leader.
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management.
Minimum Qualifications for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology (equivalent of BS or MS) and related field
Details of experience
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in a comparable position would be an asset
Knowledge, Skills & Competences
- Very good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English language.
- Willingness to upskill and undertake job training as required by the tasks and duties.
How To Apply for GIZ Uganda Jobs 2021
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by email to email@example.com. Applications and CVs should be in one document and a maximum of 5 pages only. Please include the names and contacts of three references in the CVs. Please quote the position and reference number in the subject line. This is a national position. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 25th July 2021