- Company: Kakira Sugar Limited
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Kakira Sugar Limited is a leading sugar manufacturer in Uganda. KSL boasts of 2 (two) sugar estate, one in Kakira- Jinja and the other in Kayunga. We seek to recruit dynamic, experienced and competent candidates to fill various vacant positions in the company.
Job Title: Junior Quality Surveyor – Projects Office
Job Ref: 2020.10.114/PR-M-P0-19
Reporting to Projects Quantity Surveyor .
• Receiving brief about the requirements of the project.
• Tendering documents i.e. bills of quantities, specification etc.
• Assisting in tendering process i.e. pre-tender site inspection, receiving tenders, opening and technical evaluation of tenders.
• Assisting in preparation of contract documents.
• Ensuring compliance with drawings and specifications.
• Evaluation and preparation of interim payment certificates
• Preparing and keeping material take off bills of quantities, work plans, tender documents etc.
• Keeping day-to-day records of work site progress and tracking records of the delays.
• Keeping records of measurements of work done and that one used for tendering.
• Keeping a record of materials supplied to contractors from Stores and any other Client supply items and ensuring compliance to the set standards.
• Preparing and where necessary/ certificates. Handling, using and safely keeping projects levels theodolite, road wheel meters and other measuring equipment entrusted to you.
• Preparing and submitting other periodical relevant reports to the project Quantity Surveyor about the work progress on the sites and other important information for perusal.
Applications should be holders of a Higher Diploma in construction/ Building, Civil/ Engineering/ Quantity Surveying or any other related ﬁeld.
Applicants should have a minimum of two (2) years experience in related field and able to use MS Excel, MS Word and Microsoft AutoCAD.