- Company: CNOOC Uganda Limited
- Location: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Uganda
CNOOC Uganda Limited is a subsidiary of China National Offshore Oil Corporation (CNOOC). CNOOC Uganda Limited is delighted to offer employment
opportunities to the local talent. Grow your career with CNOOC Uganda Limited and join our experienced team of professionals. Are you focused, committed, passionate and ready to take on new challenges? Then this could be your opportunity to make a valid contribution to the development of the oil and gas sector in Uganda.
Post: Land Acquisition Supervisor (Based in Hoima)
Location: Kampala, Uganda however can be mobilized to Lake Albert area, other construction sites or other cities as required.
Supervise the implementation of resettlement activities including stakeholder engagement, capacity building” on land acquisition and resettlement, disclosure process, conducting of land and asset surveys, socio-economic surveys, negotiation of compensation packages, signature of agreements with project affected persons, livelihood restoration, financial literacy training among others;
– Be responsible for supervising ongoing company land concerns and securing timely access to land in support of drilling, operations and development activities within Block 3A (Lake Albert Basin);
• implement appropriate policies, procedures and plans to ensure robust governance and transparency
• from planning, to assessment, compensation and final agreement of land acquisition;
• Supervise ongoing land concerns including management of the company land asset inventory, land purchase, leasehold agreements and other ongoing access arrangements. Secure long—term positive relationships with affected landholders;
• Provide clear visibility, tracking and reporting of land associated issues on a regular basis to Land Acquisition Manager, and interface closely with Corporate Affairs, Quality Health Safety and Environment, Exploration, Development and Engineering functions‘ to ensure that issues associated with land management are appropriately managed;
• Secure timely access to land in support of drilling, operations, development and engineering activities within Block 3A (Lake Albert Basin) and in accordance with Ugandan legislation, regulatory and contractual requirements as well as the company policies and procedures;
• Determine targeted land ownership / tenure and land use aspects with respect to new access requirements
• well pads, camps, major infrastructure, road access, right of ways, supporting infrastructure and services;
• Cooperate with key external stakeholders and approving bodies to ensure timely access and minimize negative impacts;
• Supervise economic and physical displacement to minimize impacts;
• Monitor legislative/regulatory changes in land and compensation regimes and participate in industry efforts as appropriate;
• Provide input to project development on land/social constraints mapping and scheduling in cooperation with Environment and CA issues, contribute to operational development planning processes on land issues;
• Cooperate with Contracts & Procurement and Corporate Affairs to ensure that all the company staff and contractors demonstrate respect for landholders and their land/livelihoods;
• Support Community Relations in maintaining landholder/community relationships, communicating clearly and consistently about the company’s activities which impact land use and tenure;
• Monitor the effectiveness of land access processes and implement improvements and/or efficiencies by reviewing existing Company policies related to land acquisition in line with regulatory and policy changes;
• Review land related reports and/or ad hoc reports generated by Company departments, Joint Venture Partners and key stakeholders to ensure alignment between the projects;
• Support to prepare unit/section budget and work plans for approval by JV Partners (T PM,FPM, OCM) and the Regulator (TCM, FTM, ACM);
• Supervise, in liaison with Contracts & Procurement, the procurement of consultants and/or contractors to provide land acquisition services such as Resettlement Action Plan studies, Financial Literacy training, livelihood restorations, Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Participate and contribute to regular land management audits / reviews (either internal or external).
• Bachelor’s degree in Urban / rural planning, legal, commercial or related disciplines.
• Minimum 8 years previous experience working within a land based role.
• Previous exposure to environmental / social impact assessment and management is essential, a solid understanding of international best practice. standards in this area as well.
• Experience with implementation of livelihood restoration program would be highly desirable.
• Previous experience in community/ stakeholder engagement within a major infrastructure project / resource sector would also be beneficial.
• Knowledge of the local community of Lake Albert required.
• Extensive knowledge of local laws and rules of land requisition.
• Extensive knowledge of local social, geographic, eco-systematic, environmental and wild life profile.
• Local language capability of the southern and south eastern part of Lake Albert Basin is preferred.
• Ability to plan, deliver and organize presentations about company operations to cater for diverse stakeholder interests.
Method of Application
Send ONLY your CV and Application Letter merged into one PDF to email@example.com not later than FRIDAY 11th June 2021 at 5.00PM.
Ensure to indicate the JOB TITLE in the SUBJECT HEAD of the email.
Please note that your CV should include your contact information, list your qualifications, nationality, 3 related references and only the first application submitted will be considered. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.