- Company: Capricorn Digital Limited (CDL)
- Location: Nigeria
- State: Lagos
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Nigeria
Capricorn Digital is a digital solution and distribution company based in Nigeria. Leveraging its core technology platform, Capricorn Digital is able to provide bespoke integration services to merchants that best suit their distribution requirements.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Legal Officer will be responsible for reviewing complex agreements correspondence and legal documents.
- She / he will execute various paralegal duties, providing professional legal advice to colleagues.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Prepare, review and advise on contracts and documents pertaining to the company’s business and operations
- Reviewing new business relationships with service providers and partners
- Research and provide analysis on legal and policy issues
- Maintain regulatory position by:
- Liaising with regulators
- Coordinating reports and filings
- Coordinating audits and implementation of any audit findings (as required)
- Support the business units on legal and compliance matters
- Handle all corporate legal processes (e.g. intellectual property, financial/securities offerings, compliance issues, transactions, agreements, litigation, etc.)
- Assists to maintain an accurate and up-to-date database of all contracts, disputes and litigation
- Coordinate processes, procedures, policies in accordance with regulatory obligations and international best practices
- Assists in structuring joint enterprises with other organizations
- Keeps abreast of relevant best practices and amendments to regulations and statutory provisions
- Maintain up-to-date records of regulatory changes and notifiable events relating to internal policies and procedures, Money Laundering and Combating Terrorist Financing, Customer Due Diligence, Consumer Protection, Conflict of Interest, etc.
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- Law graduate with 4 to 6 years extensive working experience; with a minimum of 12 months in the Financial Services Industry/FinTech Space.
- Proficiency and strong working knowledge of Power Point, Word and Google application is essential
- Should be able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to work round the clock when required, and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to learn
- Must be goal oriented and self-motivated
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess a deep understanding of corporate law transactions and other legal matters
- Highly entrepreneurial; takes the initiative to solve problems before they arise.
- Have started and/or contribute to projects which she/he is passionate about
- Great collaborator; listens to others, speaks own mind, and ask the right questions.
- Well-versed in regulations laws and standards procedures and able to translate into forward-thinking business practices.
- Resourceful meticulous and proactive with strong communication and problem solving abilities.
- Offers a highly professional attitude and significant ability to work and perform well in a team.
Application Closing Date
31st March, 2021.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to:
using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.