- Company: Dfcu Bank
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Uganda
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit a Lending Officer- Data Approver, in our Operations Domain to support our expansion strategy.
JOB TITLE: LENDING OFFICER- DATA APPROVER (1 POSITION)
REPORTING TO: Manager- Lending Operations
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to Manager- Lending Operations, the role holder will be responsible for timely and accurate authentication of customers credit information that has been captured in the system in accordance with the laid down procedures as a contribution to data integrity.
• Disburse credit facilities from the documentation team in line with approved terms and conditions and as per the bank’s laid down procedures.
• Check for compliance with the regulatory bodies (BOU, Funders, FIA guidelines, Credit Policy etc.) prior to disbursement.
• Approve accurately amended credit static data in the system as shall be required by business from time to time. i.e., Interest rates, tenors, credit risk grades, sectors etc.
• Carry out the loan pay off and pre-pay process in line with business requirement.
• Approve system write off of all bad loans in line with the credit policy as availed by the Special Assets Management team.
• Issue lease invoices to customers as per the agreed frequency.
• Authenticate customer information and Identify errors and make the necessary corrections in a timely manner.
• Attend to all credit related queries in a timely manner and provide an update to the stakeholders in line with the departmental Service Level Agreement with the business.
• Escalation of risk incidents to the respective stakeholders.
• Participate in the implementation of process improvements.
• Participate and contribute towards projects that are steered to improve data integrity and automation e.g., data clean up, loan origination system, etc.
• Prevent income leakages, pricing inconsistencies, fraud, and operational losses.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• University Bachelor’s degree.
• At least four years Banking experience in Banking Operations, one of which should be in Credit Operations aspects.
• Demonstrate a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail, quality, and ability to meet deadlines.
• Good understanding of Bank procedures, Operating guidelines, Policies and Regulatory AML/ KYC requirements.
• The ability to engage with all the key stakeholders in the organisation.
• In depth understanding of the features and operations of all bank’s products.
• Experience in Credit operations process redesign and implementation.
• Attention to detail, excellent analytical skills and ability to demonstrate a high degree of accuracy.
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written, communication and independent judgement skills.
• High level of integrity and ethical standards.
• Ability to prioritise work.