- Company: Lutheran World Federation
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics Jobs in Uganda
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) is part of the Lutheran World Federation Department for World Service (LWF-DWS), an international humanitarian and development agency. LWF Uganda works to reduce people’s vulnerability, supporting them to realize their potential, to build on their assets, and to respond to their own problems and needs. LWF Uganda is currently operating in Pader, Kitgum, Lamwo, Adjumani, Moyo Luuka, Kamwenge, and Kampala Districts: Please check https://www.lutheranworld.org for more details
To support supervision, coordination and control of transport and logistics. .
Main duties and responsibilities
• Adheres to clear rules for proper functioning of the transport function.
• Implements set procedures for effective vehicle usage while minimizing the costs.
• Participates in selecting the fuel stations that will supply fuel.
• Regularly inspects every vehicle physically to establish its mechanical condition and road worthiness.
• Maintains a productive relationship with suppliers of vehicle repair services, fuels, oils and spares and coordinates regularly with the procurement function.
• Supports fleet Management to ensure that movement of vehicles and repairs comply with regulations and policies.
• Ensures that every driver understands and signs the vehicle control policy signifying that they understand it and are willing to adhere to its provisions.
• Oversees a system for monitoring and tracking the distances and relates them to fuel usage.
• Adheres to a car parking policy that defines who can use the vehicle, at what time, for what purpose and when the vehicle must be parked.
• Timely preparation of the monthly stores and fleet reports and submit to the Logistics Manager.
• Tracks vehicles through the fleet monitoring system and compiles reports on a monthly basis.
• Supports the introduction of incentives in order to encourage drivers to drive well and avoid costly accidents.
• Assists in the implementation of performance management processes and regularly sets targets for drivers and conducts effective appraisals.
• Participates in the selection of qualified drivers.
• Ensures Value for Money for all goods and services delivered to Kampala office and ensure that all goods for the Sub programs are sent on a timely basis.
• Ensure that all goods received from the supplier are verified and received as per the LPO on the system.
• Ensure that the asset register is updated on a weekly basis and ensure that all Assets are tagged as per the asset policy.
• Carry out asset verification exercise once in a year.
• Coordinate with Finance every month for asset prices procured within that month so as to have accurate figures on the Asset register based on the exchange rate.
Minimum Qualification, Attributes and Experience
• A Diploma in Motor Mechanics
• A certificate in Transport Management.
• A clean valid driving license for classes A, B and C.
• Certificate in Supervisory Skills and Customer Care
• Computer competence and sound knowledge of MIS is necessary.
• A minimum of two (2) years hands on experience in a similar position in a Non-Government organization or as a senior driver.
• Demonstrable attitude for teamwork
• Ability to negotiate with vendors in a transparent manner
• Ability to work on own initiative, proactive attitude and a team player
• Commitment to excellence and high-quality results.
• Ability to analyze reports and give recommendations.
Special Skills, Aptitude or Personality Requirements:
• High integrity, hardworking, courteous, dependable, punctual, tidy and well-groomed.
• Willing to work long hours in challenging circumstances when required.
• Knowledge of one of the local languages Example
How To Apply
Candidates who are interested in the above positions should submit an updated CV and application letter ( in English), giving a day time telephone contact and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please use the full job title of the position you are applying for as the subject line;