Job Position: Manager Engineering (Civil/Structural)
Location, Nairobi, Kenya
This job is responsible for supervising the implementation of Civil/Structural revenue and enforcement projects and supporting the planning of major programs on behalf of the Authority.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recommend for approval a project master list for aid funded/government funded projects covering the civil/structural works for including roads, railways, water/irrigation works.
- Monitor and supervise the drawdown of the materials/equipment/machinery for aid funded projects/government projects covering the civil/structural works.
- Supervise the inspection of aid funded projects before cancellation of customs security bonds with the aim of ensuring full accountability of exempted materials/equipment/machinery that had been imported for use in the said projects.
- Provide recommendation and supervise the implementation of measures/strategies put in place to seal loopholes for misuse of aid funded projects exemption regime in the area of civil/structural works.
- Support and provide technical guidance upon referral on technical tax matters related to civil/structural engineering.
- Support audit processes on technical tax audits covering the area of civil/structural/water/irrigation works including the construction firms engaged in this area.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience, two (2) of which should have been in the grade of Superintending Engineer or equivalent in a comparable and relevant position in the Public Service
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or any other relevant and equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya
- Registered by the Engineers Registration Board of Kenya
- Membership with the Institution of Engineers of Kenya(IEK)
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field will be considered an added advantage.
- Experience coordinating donor-funded projects will be an added advantage
- Resource Management
- Customer focus
- Ability to function individually and in ad hoc teams
- Project management skills
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org