The Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB) was established as a statutory body under the Uganda Registration Services Bureau Act Cap 210. The Bureau is a key player in the Commercial, Civil, and Intellectual Property Rights registration that facilitates private sector development and vital statistics for national planning. URSB is also responsible for maintaining the Security In Movable Property (SIMPO) Registry.
The bureau seeks to recruit a suitably qualified, competent, and experienced professional to fill the vacant position of Manager Planning and Strategy based at the Head Quarters in Kampala.
Reports to: Director, Planning and Research
To facilitate the formulation of strategic and operational plans, budgets and coordinate reporting processes against such plans.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Participates in engagements with different stakeholders of the Bureau such as NPA especially on matters relating to planning and budgeting ensuring that national and international development priorities are addressed in URSB plans.
- Facilitates development of annual and quarterly work plans, BFP, MPS etc
- Provides technical support to partnerships and stakeholder engagements to ensure URSB gets maximum benefit
- Supports reporting by directorates on URSB strategic investment plans.
- Coordinates weekly, monthly and quarterly performance reporting by the directorates.
- Supports work plans preparation process for specific projects in the Bureau.
- Carries out preparations of proposals, concepts papers business plans and other instruments for stakeholder engagements.
- Supervises data generation and analysis processes
- Participates in conception, formulation and implementation of studies/ surveys in the Bureau.
- Participates in monitoring and evaluation planning and implementation.
- Carries out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Director, Planning & Research.
- An Honours degree in Economics or Development Studies or Planning or Statistics from a recognized university.
- At least five (5) years relevant work experience in a Government Agency, Ministry or Local Government two (2) of which must be at senior level.
- Computer literacy
How To Apply
ALL Applications strictly using the prescribed application form available on the URSB website via https://ursb.go.ug/careers/ should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should have the position applied for and the form saved in applicant’s name. No academic documents should be attached at this stage.