Hiring Organization: Rainbow Internal School
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Job Type: Full Time
Job Position: Marketing and Media Officer
Rainbow International School is a coeducational 2 – 18 years day and boarding school in Kampala, Uganda. As the most established, reputable and largest International school in the country, we deliver the EYFS and IPC curricula in the Primary section, English National curriculum at Key Stage 3 and Cambridge IGCSE and Advanced Level in Key Stages 4 and 5. We also offer BTEC Level 3 courses as an alternative pathway to University.
We are looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic graduate, with at least three years of marketing experience, ideally in an educational setting, to join our Administration Department as our Marketing and Media Officer with effect from May 2021, or as soon as possible thereafter.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- The applicant must at least hold a Diploma in Business (Marketing) or any other related qualification with a bias in Marketing.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Business Administration or Bachelor of Commerce degree is an added advantage.
- Professional Marketing qualification like CIM is added advantage though not an essential requirement.
- The successful candidate will be an effective communicator (with excellent verbal and communication skills)
- A minimum of three years of related work experience in any sales-driven or competitive marketing environment.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) as well as Graphics design.
- Strong team leader with good sales, influencing and negotiation / persuasion skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- Works with a passion and a strong “can do” attitude.
- A person with high integrity and team building skills.
- Should have passion for their work, an appreciation of the private sector
- Experience of managing websites and social media channels and be able to craft engaging digital and hard copy content, through the use of video, imagery and text.
- Have the ability to analyse activity is also essential.
- Should also be a person with high integrity
Apply with a detailed CV (with passport photo attached on the top part of the CV) and application letter of no more than two sides typed. Please include the names and contact details of three professional (work related line managers). All applications should be addressed to the Principal (Mr. Derek Jones).
The application process is strictly via email: email@example.com
Closing date: 9th May 2021
*We reserve the right to appoint prior to closing date for the right candidate.
Rainbow International School Uganda is a safer recruitment school and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate Child Protection screening and rigorous background checks (including contacting previous employers). Successful candidates will be asked for a valid ICPC/Interpol check and/or the equivalent police certificate of good conduct from the country of current residence/employment notarised copies of relevant academic documents and a pre-employment fit for work certificate.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer (EOE)