Lipa Later is a risk-free, point of sale credit option that allows retailers to sell goods and services in affordable monthly instalments. Our mission is to be a financial partner that makes living more affordable, thereby enabling people to achieve their dreams.
To do this, we make use of financial inclusion and data-driven retail networks to increase the purchasing power of the 1-billion+ African consumers. The company is growing quickly, and as such, we are looking to recruit and onboard a team of industry leaders with the ambition and capacity to shape a bright future for the continent and determine the next frontiers of the retail and consumer market in Africa This position is based in Kampala, Uganda.
Success at Lipa Later means making life more affordable for our clients. By joining our team, you will not only contribute towards the development of innovative products, but also play a crucial role in helping businesses, and individuals acquire the crucial items necessary to achieve their goals.
Our Team :
By joining our organization, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with, and learn from a diverse team of talented professionals.
About the Role:
As a New Markets Marketing Associate at Lipa Later, you’ll be working in our Kampala branch, in charge of the planning (with support from Management), and implementation of all the marketing strategies in Uganda and in Rwanda. The role reports to the Marketing Manager in Kenya.
● Assisting in planning and full implementation of Marketing strategies in Uganda and Rwanda (including the development of quarterly marketing themes and populating content frameworks).
● Liaison with a graphic designer for all artwork needs.
● Coordination of Marketing strategies with relevant internal teams (HQ and new markets).
● Development of content for social media, newsletters, LinkedIn and website, and any other content need that may arise.
● Management of the social media pages for Uganda and Rwanda.
● Conducting market research to identify new opportunities within the regions.
● Implementation of PR plans.
● Assistance in overall reporting and analysis.
● Overall website management (content, design).
● Assistance on implementing outsourced media agency strategies.
● Assistance in implementation of Influencer strategies.
● Monitoring competitors’ marketing activities.
Advertising and Branding
● Working with the designer to produce materials of visual impact and within brand guidelines.
● Writing and proofreading creative copy for marketing distributions (social media, flyers, posters, banners etc.)
● Involving key stakeholders for products at each stage of the campaign, and reporting results once completed.
● Liaising with printers as required and managing the production of marketing materials such as leaflets, flyers, posters and newsletters
● Development and implementation of content strategy and frameworks
● Liaising with the graphic designer for output of great quality designs and material
● In charge of all social media including LinkedIn-keeping content relevant and up to date
● Summarize insights and conversations to create actionable reports that lead to optimization
● Create and maintain content calendars, including writing updates and post relevant content
● Generating reports for digital marketing activities using data based analytics tools and also presenting this data in an easy to understand format
● Writing articles and press releases.
● Research and gather opportunities for sponsorships.
● Build and maintain relationships with journalists and influencers.
● Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organizations.
● Organizing and attending promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits.
● Stay up to date with PR and industry trends and best practices.
● Bachelor Degree in Commerce, Marketing, Communication or Business Management from a recognized university.
● Two (2) years’ working experience in Marketing
● Marketing and Communication experience and knowledge of current best practices and trends.
● Excellent command of written and spoken English
● An understanding and is up to date with the East Aftrican Marketing culture
● Content development and management skills.
● Ability to work remotely
● Ability to work in synergy with the designer and provide the relevant guidance.
● Proficient with social media and web analytics.
● Adaptable, creative and innovative.
● Strong attention to detail
● Strong organizational and time-management abilities.
● Good oral and written communication skills.
● Team oriented and capable of building and maintaining cross departmental
● Good relationship management, presentation skills and networking ability.
● Personal motivation and drive exhibited through commitment to working smart,
continuous improvement and achievement of goals.
If interested, kindly send your CV to email@example.com with the subject line ‘’New Markets Marketing Associate”