Job Title: Project Coordinator – Digitalization
Organisation: CARE International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
CARE is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to ending poverty. We are known everywhere for our unshakeable commitment to defending the dignity of people. CARE works around the globe to save lives, defeat poverty and achieve social justice. We seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and all people live with dignity and security. We put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE has been working in Uganda for over 50 years. In FY ending June 2020, CARE improved the lives of nearly one million people in Uganda (62% women). Our ambition for the next five years is to reach 5 million people, through life-saving and gender transformative programs.
Job Summary: The Project Coordinator-Digitalization will be responsible for managing Chomoka’s relationship with the CARE Country office, ensuring project teams have the training and support they need, and that savings groups using the application are successful.
S/he will maintain thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the Chomoka platform, train and provide ongoing support to CARE & partner project staff, so they can successfully onboard SGs to Chomoka. S/he will work closely with project field staff to ensure quality and effective customer service for all savings group using Chomoka. S/he will continually engage with end users and trainers, design and implement short surveys to gather and consolidate feedback on product performance and share reports and insights this with the Chomoka core team and the country office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide Training and Training of Trainers on Chomoka for CARE project staff
- Coordinate with CARE project team to develop Chomoka Training plans and integrate Chomoka activities within broader Project Activity plans
- Train and sensitize CARE Project staff and community-based trainers/agents on how to incorporate Chomoka into ongoing VSLA activities
- Maintain thorough understanding of the technical aspects of the digital technology and provide support to trainers
- Develop, localize and review materials and tools to support remote and in-person training of savings groups’ adoption of Chomoka.
Roll-out of Chomoka App and Implementation of the Program
- Oversee localization of application including translation, initial user testing and customer feedback sessions
- Act as the voice of the local customer to communicate emerging customer desires and any detected bugs or flaws in the Chomoka App
- Manage 1-2 interns or customer support staff to provide remote support to users and trainers.
- Work together with country office tech staff to maintain and escalate any issues with the local technology
Generate continual feedback and support to Chomoka core team and Country teams
- Develop or adapt tools and systems to generate reports on customer usage and feedback.
- Routinely organize periodic data collection using human centered design principles to maintain a user-centric focus
- Schedule or contribute to project team review meetings and share results to promote continual improvement of the Chomoka product and experience
- Coordinate with global product manager to integrate local product requirements into global product roadmap
Promote Gender Equity and Diversity and Safeguarding Practices
- Practice a behavior consistent with CARE’s core values, and promotion of gender equity and diversity goals;
- Plays a leadership role in identifying and implementing initiatives that enhance CARE’s commitment to gender and diversity.
- Ensure that CARE Safeguarding policies and procedures are adhered to by all and the staff that S/he supervisors both directly or indirectly
- Ensure that staff and related personnel under your jurisdiction are familiar with the following organizational policies and procedures and can identify when needed how these may have been breached; The CI Safeguarding policy, Protection from Sexual Harassment, Exploitation and Abuse and Child Abuse, The anti-discrimination and harassment policy, The code of conduct and the organizations Values.
Any other duties assigned from time to time
- Any other duties incidental to the role of Project Coordinator Chomoka or as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a post graduate diploma in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant field is a MUST.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other relevant field;
- Passionate about technology, motivated by helping other people build digital literacy, and committed to promote gender equality
- Digitally proficient with demonstrated ability to quickly learn and troubleshoot on Android devices
- 3-5 years’ work experience in customer support, ideally related to technology solutions for low- resource environments
- Experienced trainer with demonstrated ability to design, deliver and provide follow-on support to trainees.
- Proactive, self-starter with strong critical thinking skills and ability to work independently
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, and other local languages appreciated
- Ability to thrive in team environments, with a strong understanding of diversity and other cultures.
- Problem solving mindset- willing to work flexibly to achieve collective goals.
- Knowledge of or experience working with informal saving groups (VSLA, SILC, AVEC, SfC) strongly preferred
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should submit an updated CV and Application letter giving a day time telephone contact and names, telephone contacts and email addresses of 3 (three) work related referees only through our recruitment email:(email@example.com) clearly indicating “Project Coordinator-Digitalization” in the email subject.
Deadline: 18th March, 2021.