- Company: Laterite
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative Jobs in Uganda
Laterite is a data, research, and technical advisory firm that helps clients understand and analyze complex development challenges. We work with universities, global think tanks, international NGOs, multilateral donor organizations, and government ministries and agencies in sectors such as public health, agriculture, urbanization & migration, education youth & labor. Our clients include, for example, the World Bank, the Mastercard Foundation, TechnoServe, Promundo, and USAID.
Laterite is looking for an experienced human resources professional to lead efforts to meet our strategic people’s objectives. The role will be focused on helping develop and retain staff across the organization. The People’s manager will be responsible for putting systems in place to provide long-term visibility on careers at Laterite, to empower managers at Laterite and to maintain well-being across the organization. The Manager will also be responsible for helping us reinforce the ethos of the team as we grow, including our culture, the spirit of learning and discovery and our focus on rigor and structure. The position is open in any of our country offices. .
Job description & key responsibilities
• Identify, develop and implement program/systems that facilitate staff learning, growth and retention, and ensure that learning and growth opportunities are equitably accessed
• Review career paths to ensure staff are provided with individual career plans and longer-term visibility on their potential growth trajectory
• Review current systems for performance evaluation to ensure they align with Laterite’s strategic learning objectives and enable staff to grow professionally
• Strengthen decision-making processes around staff promotions, including reviewing transition points between roles and teams
• Put in place systems to assess staff needs, ensuring their wellbeing and pre-empting emerging issues
• Strengthen overall management through coaching, regular advice, and other initiatives to managers
• Work with Laterite’s leadership to introduce structures, systems and initiatives that will help us maintain our team ethos as we grow, including the team culture, the innovation spirit and the emphasis we place on research quality
• Lead the recruitment function at Laterite with the support of an HR Associate to ensure we continue to attract the best talent
Job Skills and Person specifications
• Good Pharmacy and dispensing skills.
• Excellent communication skills in fluent English.
• Ability to follow instructions and with keen attention to detail.
• Flexible with the ability to work in changing and fast paced environments.
• High levels of organization and concentration.
• Good grasp of computer skills.
• Must Know how to ride a motorcycle
• Ability to work for longer hours
• Customer satisfaction
• Team Work
• Master’s degree in human resources, business or similar field
• 5+ years of experience in a similar role within a professional services environment (e.g., consultancy, start-up), or in an international development organization.
• Proven work experience in people/ talent management.
• Demonstrated ability working with senior management teams to improve how organizations support career growth including performance reviews, promotion decisions, and professional development
• Demonstrated experience developing systems to improve staff experience, retention and general well-being
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (in English)
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26 May. 2021