- Company: Uganda Wildlife Authorit
- Location: Uganda
- State: Uganda
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Uganda
Uganda Wildlife Authority (UWA) is a semi-autonomous agency under the Ministry of Tourism, Wildlife and Antiquities. UWA was established in 1996 and is managed in accordance with the Wildlife Act Cap 200.
The Mission of UWA is: “To conserve, economically develop and sustainably manage the wildlife and protected areas of Uganda in partnership with neighboring communities and other stakeholders for the benefit of the people of Uganda and the global community.
UWA, an equal opportunity employer wishes to recruit a high caliber, self-motivated and result oriented Ugandan nationals to fill the Position below.
JOB TITLE: PLUMBER
DEPARTMENT: FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATION
SALARY SCALE: UWA 10
DUTY STATION: FIELD BASED
REPORTS TO: WARDEN ENGINEER – CIVIL
VACANCIES: one (1)
AGE LIMIT: NOT ABOVE 45 YEARS
CONTRACT DURATION: FOUR (4) YEARS RENEWABLE
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To undertake general plumbing work and ensure efficient water systems in UWA estate .
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fix broken water pipes and ensure no leakages in the water supply system
• Manage the PA water system and ensure efficient water usage
• Install sewage systems and ensure their maintenance.
• Support the Warden Engineer Civil to prepare BoQs for Plumbing works in the CA.
• Support Warden Engineer Civil to conduct technical assessment and evaluation of plumbing works
• Cleaning water tanks and pipes.
• Perform any general duties assigned to him/her by the supervisor.
Must have a good Technical Certificate in plumbing from a recognized Institution.
• Should be able to work long hours.
• Must be punctual and physically fit.
• Must have swimming skills and be able to work in an aquatic environment.
• Must be trustworthy
• Must be able to communicate
Method of Application
Closing Date : 26 March. 2021