Organisation: National Medical Stores
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
NMS/2021/04: PRINCIPAL PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament in 1993. Our mandate is to Procure, Store and Distribute medicines and other medical supplies to health facilities.
Job Summary: The Principal Public Relations Officer will provide leadership in Public and Media relations for Medical Stores.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the central source of all information about the Corporation as the official channel of information between the Corporation and customers, media, donors, government, the general public and all other stakeholders.
- Arranges and coordinates the General Manager’s official programmes, briefs with the press in line with the General Manager’s work schedules and instructions.
- Plans, budgets and coordinates all public relations promotional programmes in conjunction with the Corporate Plan.
- Coordinates all public relations procurements for goods and services in line with the Corporation Plan.
- Conduct surveys, collects and analyses information to assess public opinion with regard to service delivery.
- Supervises and coordinates processing press releases and public notices in the print and electronic media in line with the set Corporation Plans.
- Advises management on media/public relations functions in accordance with Corporation’s specific needs.
- To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor.
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Master’s Degree.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Mass Communication or Journalism, or Public Relations from a recognized University.
- At least seven years of hands-on experience in a public relations role, two (02) of which should have been at Senior Management level and two (2) in a health/medical service organization
- Must be a member of the Public Relations Association of Uganda or the Uganda Journalists Association.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills with a good command of English Language.
- Excellent knowledge of Uganda’s Health Sector
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, use of New Media for mass communication purposes
- Ability to work independently and with strong organizational and planning skills
How to Apply:
All interested applicants should submit an online application. Please scan your academic qualifications: Degree qualifications, Curriculum Vitae, Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education, Uganda Certificate of Education, Membership to the professional body and other relevant academic documents and National Identity Card (both faces) and submit them online: Click Here.
Failure to attach any of the listed required documents shall lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
The application letter should be addressed as below and should be scanned and sent online:
The Chief Human Resource and Administration Officer
National Medical Stores
P.O Box 16, Entebbe
Plot 4-16 Nsamizi Road,
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you don’t hear from us, one month from the date of closure of receipt of applications, consider your application unsuccessful.
- Candidates should attach all relevant academic documents as PDF Files
- Interested qualifying candidates who had applied in the previous advert of 25th January 2021 are encouraged to reapply.
- Please note that National Medical Stores reserves the right to verify documents attached with the relevant awarding institutions to authenticate their validity. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. National Medical Stores is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: Monday, 29th March 2021 not later than 5: 00pm